Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hope everyone doing fine!

Little question, can the baffle be taken out of a stock exhaust on a 2010 cbr and would it be worth it?
Just looking to make her heard a bit better lol

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I don't think so. The stock exhausts are extremely quiet, probably why most people put aftermarket. I put a Scorpion CF on my 2010 and I love it! It's not obnoxiously loud, but it's way better than stock.
View attachment 29083

Sent from somewhere down the bayou.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Only got an '08 but I don't think it really changed. I couldn't ever find any way to make the stock louder, so put Akra on mine and took the baffle out of it. Plenty loud enough, not obnoxiously loud though. Screams up top too. Also came in the hex design so it still tidy's up with the tail really well, and doesn't stick out like most do.

·
OG
3,350 Posts
Did a side by side comparison of the full Akra exhaust vs. stock exhaust. At idle, the Akra sounds a bit deeper and fuller. It can be thought of as being between subtle and pronounced. Somewhere in the middle. Anyway, once you get on it she has much more of a bark, and above 7, she starts to scream. Hard to put away a smile beyond that. ;-)

·
Registered
540 Posts
dont do it.. just keep the stock one on... i spent 300 dollars on a GPR exhaust only to go back to stock a few months later... i wished i had spent that money on sprockets

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
The stock exhaust has no baffle; rather, the internals are arranged in a weird, winding way to dampen the noise. There's no way to 'uncork' it.

HOWEVER I vaguely remember a member here somehow coring his '05 stock exhaust; I think he had to drill through the internals in some way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts