Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this ebay auction and took it upon myself to email the seller to tell him that the stock rear sprocket size is 43 and not 42 like he stated. He wrote me back saying that his came with a 42 and thought iit was different in Europe than the US(didn't indicate if he bought his bike new or not) I've never seen anything from our overseas members about having a 42 tooth rear, is this true? He send me a link saying that it had a 42 stock as well but who knows where the site publisher gets his info.

ebay auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4536184386
Here's the site he referred me to.
http://www.renthal.com/fit-masterv3.asp?make=3&model=CBR%20600%20RR-3/4%20(USA:%20CBR600RR)%202003-2005%20%20&type=34

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys, I wasn't promoting the item by any means. The guy was just claiming that his RR came with a 42 tooth rear sprocket. As far as I know all the RR's come with 43 stock. I just wanted to see if any of our oversea's members could verify that their bikes also came 16/43 stock and not 16/42.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
What are you looking at sprockets for anyway? Yours is much better :mrgreen: What sprocket is it again? I'm too lazy to walk over to my bulletin board to look at the picture :twisted:

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Schwing said:
What are you looking at sprockets for anyway? Yours is much better :mrgreen: What sprocket is it again? I'm too lazy to walk over to my bulletin board to look at the picture :twisted:
Yeah, I was just browsing ebay for RR stuff. My rear is a 45 tooth stealth.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Schwing said:
Hey that looks familiar :twisted:
If only my wife got half as excited about it as you....sigh :Spin:

·
Registered
491 Posts
GA_RR, Just for you, I went out to the garage and dug up the stock sprocket from the pile of OEM parts I've ripped off my bike :razz:

My euro spec bike came standard with a 16/43 the same as the US bikes. I'd find it hard to believe (but not impossible) that Honda would supply bikes to some countries 1 tooth down on the rear.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HRC-RR said:
GA_RR, Just for you, I went out to the garage and dug up the stock sprocket from the pile of OEM parts I've ripped off my bike :razz:

My euro spec bike came standard with a 16/43 the same as the US bikes. I'd find it hard to believe (but not impossible) that Honda would supply bikes to some countries 1 tooth down on the rear.
Ahh, that's what I thought. Thanks for verifying it for me :thumbup:

·
Registered
203 Posts
There IS a difference between Euro and US specs with the rear sprockets. At least from my experience there is:

My bike is a UK 03 and has a stock 42 tooth rear.

My brothers 04 is from Holland and came with a 42 rear.

It maybe just some euro countries have different specs or some euro bikes are actually US imports. I'm changing my sprockets asap but I'm just wondering whether or not the speedo is calabrated differently to account for this between the two.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mouse said:
Does that mean mines faster or slower, UK spec bike.
It would be it's slower acceleration-wise but has a higher top speed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts