Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey :ciao:

Any of you guys running the stock CBR damper at the track? It's supposed to do its thing starting at 50 mph or so (and it's not adjustable), wondering if that's good enough or if I should be looking for an aftermarket one.

Thanks!

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
Really depends on the rider

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I've run several tracks here on the west coast and haven't felt the need to upgrade yet. I'm fairly planted in the middle of the middle group, trying to reach the sharp end of Level 2.

Not to say that I haven't experienced headshake, just not enough that I haven't been able to ride out of it.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
It works fine, as good or better than most aftermarket setups.
Saved me on a 155 mph tank-slapper at the track. Me staying calm cool and collected helped a bit too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, all who replied!

I'm still pretty new to track riding (3 trackdays), and haven't had issues yet with headshake. I'm mostly concerned with the rough surface at the track I'll be riding (Nelson Ledges).

Actually I searched some more with Google and found another thread here that the forum search didn't find: http://www.600rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124706 - People in that thread suggest that a rougher surface might warrant changing the damper, but likely not until I reach much higher speeds. Also the fact that there are limited options for aftermarket dampers suggests that there isn't much demand for them (hence the stock one is probably fine for most).

I'm thinking I'll try out the stock, I'm reasonably comfortable at least starting the season with it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts