Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we were on the Blue Ridge Parkway this weekend and stopped at an overlook ( among many of course ). Met a nice couple and the guy had a perfect looking all stock '01 R1 and his wife had an all stock 06 GSXR750... both original owners. After some chit chat, got around to asking why they never added anything or modded their bikes and they said they never really had the urge to change anything and they just rode.

Got us to thinking... any of you guys / gals leave your bike all stock and not do Anything to it other that services ?? If so, how do you resist the Mod Bug ?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
So we were on the Blue Ridge Parkway this weekend and stopped at an overlook ( among many of course ). Met a nice couple and the guy had a perfect looking all stock '01 R1 and his wife had an all stock 06 GSXR750... both original owners. After some chit chat, got around to asking why they never added anything or modded their bikes and they said they never really had the urge to change anything and they just rode.

Got us to thinking... any of you guys / gals leave your bike all stock and not do Anything to it other that services ?? If so, how do you resist the Mod Bug ?

ive added read neons, i do alot of night driving, more of a safety hey im right here type of thing. lol. But i havnt added any mods to mine for multiple reasons. Money, the stuff is a rip off 99% of the time. Most the mods that are available are pretty much strictly cosmetic crap. and most mods dont make any significant difference on the operations of the motorcycle. The key is great at driving and then do add ons to fit your needs.

·
I LOVE MY BIKE
692 Posts
the mod bug has bit me hard, and it's still making me spend more :)

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I won't do any horsepower mods. Serves absolutely no purpose, the stock exhaust sounds just perfect for me and it doesn't disturb the peace. The only thing I will touch is suspension and brakes. I think exhaust (when people by them for power/weight savings) and power commanders etc are a ripoff.

·
Registered
460 Posts
ive added read neons, i do alot of night driving, more of a safety hey im right here type of thing. lol. But i havnt added any mods to mine for multiple reasons. Money, the stuff is a rip off 99% of the time. Most the mods that are available are pretty much strictly cosmetic crap. and most mods dont make any significant difference on the operations of the motorcycle. The key is great at driving and then do add ons to fit your needs.
Exactly my thoughts, i love everything just the way it is....

·
Registered
573 Posts
Having worked with/installed both aftermarket and OE parts over the years, I can say that often times OE parts are very high quality, and always fit great. While aftermarket stuff can be hit or miss. I've had A LOT of aftermarket stuff that needed modifications, grinding, shaving, welding, bending to fit. Plus OE stuff tends to function perfectly fine, and I've found that it's usually a good balance between street/track.

Clip-ons for example, OE Honda ones are not too high, nor too low, they're just about right for both comfort + good body position. Whereas aftermarket clip-ons are often much lower, and at different angles. Perfect for a racing body position, but not so comfortable for a long street ride.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Only mods to my bike have been a tripage IT/FE, and sliders (frame, fork, axle).

There's things that I would like (levers, etc) but I stick with stock because I still get the same satisfaction from riding my bike the way it came. Some mods may make things feel/look better, but there's other things I like to put my money towards, such as going places and doing things.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
First mod I did was to remove the stock taillight and license bracket. They are just so ugly! They make the bike look like a moped!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I just like modding because it furthers my bike's uniqueness?It's also fun just being able to work on your bike tinkering around and learning about it.I feel like modding is just an amazingly fun past time.

But to be honest if I got like a fresh bike off the showroom floor I wouldn't mod it.

·
I LOVE MY BIKE
692 Posts
First mod I did was to remove the stock taillight and license bracket. They are just so ugly! They make the bike look like a moped!

I agree 100% it's a must, has to be the first thing to go...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts