Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant find it, but it was posted awhile ago....... Can someone link me to that site where there was a guy runnin a stock r1 in like motogp or ama or something against all these modded bikes and he finished 11th or somethin? thanks.

C

·
0 Posts
ya luckydevil posted it.... I think it was at Daytona and he got like 13th place or something

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
It was in Daytona the first AMA race of the season and I think he finished 14th. I'm not saying that bike in the picture isn't the one but it definatly isn't wearing the right number if it is.

·
Registered
919 Posts
No it was Fontana and it was Jeremy Toye #57. He is a local WSMC fast guy form track #1 plate holder. He road the almost stock R1 in Superbike in AMA round 2 in Fontucky he had just got the bike the week before the Fontana round.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Then there was a similar rider on a similar bike in Daytona that had finished pretty good with a stock R1 with lights fender and everything, I think they said the only thing that was done to it was a pipe.

·
Registered
749 Posts
yes his name is jeremy toye and he is doing an article for road racing world magazine showing how well the new R1 will compete against full race bikes. says the bike is full stock other than a dampner, revalved forks and steel braided lines. no performance mods or gearing or anything. He is pretty cool guy though, met him when i took my tires there (lee's) to get mounted.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I noticed, and agree, definately GND cutie. And the Privateers at the AMA races impress the crap out of me. Those guys are placing fairly high on skill alone, not a huge budget.

·
Registered
127 Posts
he is racing AMA superbike, I saw him at infineon (atleast I saw the stock R1 running with the mudflap still attached). anyways, he isn't necessarily competting against the top factory boys because none of the privateers even come close (except josh hayes just did at Barber - beat bostom on the Ducati I think). He may be on the same track but he is way back, and probably getting lapped as well. If you call that competing then he is. Oh and by the way, that girl is not cute.

·
Registered
369 Posts
no shes not cute..

also, your not talking about Privateers but independent racers.

A Privateer is a ship privately owned and crewed but authorized by the government during wartime to attack and capture enemy vessels...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts