Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've reluctantly decided to spend $250 to service my front and rear stock suspensions. I figured it was time for it after a full season at the track and more miles on the street since 2010.
I wonder, will I feel any benefit next season or it's just safety maintenance?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Depends - what does that $250 buy you? That's pretty expensive if all you are getting is setting the pre-load and rebound. That might even be expensive for changing the oil and getting new seals/bushings. It's pretty darn cheap if you are getting anything further done (upgrading internals, etc.).

Getting someone to set your suspension (if you've never had that done) can be a huge improvement, and should be much cheaper than $250. OnRoad/OffRoad does it at all our track days for $40. This is a necessity if you've never had it done.

Changing the oil, checking whether they are bent, maybe replacing bushings, etc. won't really show any improvement - its just maintenance.

Upgrading is... well an upgrade.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the basic setup when I started the track season (same mechanic that is going to do the service). That was $30.
The $250 is for: disassemble, clean, inspect, replace worn parts + oil & nitrogen.

·
Registered
966 Posts
You'll feel a large difference. I can feel a change in fork action after only a couple thousand miles after putting in fresh fluid. For giggles I drained it once as soon as I felt the difference around 2k, the oil was already nasty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts