Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've relocated my License plate under the tail but need to put two LED's to light it up. I have bough two LED's with positive and negative ends.

Here is the problem:

I need to know which wires that go into the stock taillight assembly are for the tag light(white light that light up the plate) so I can wire in my new LED's eliminating the one under the taillight. There are three wires going into stock taillight: Black / Black & White / Black & Yellow. If anyone can help me by telling me which two wires I need to tap into so the license plate LED's stay on/off when bike is on/off.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
White connection:
Black wire on the white plug is ground (negative from your tag light)
Running light/ tag light is white/black wire (positive from your tag light)
Brake light is the yellow/black wire

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so the wiring process would look like this? :

LED LIGHT:

Positive connection of LED ----> Black & White Wire

Negative connection of LED ---> Black wire

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
If you bought just an LED... you need a resistor. Not one like the load resistor to correct the flash speed of an LED turn signal, but one that limits the current through the LED. For 20milliamps. You need a 600 OHM resistor in line with the LED. An LED is not like a light bulb... there is no resistance once the voltage reaches the Min which is like 3V or something. ( depending on the LED)

Look at the back of the LED box and see what the max current is.

Unlike a light bulb also... an LED can be used with any voltage... you just need the right resistor to limit the current.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts