Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys my bike was stolen about a week or two ago. I have full coverage on it so now I'm waiting on the insurance company for the money. I'm having a hard time deciding on a new bike, I want to keep it a Honda so here are my choices and my delimas with each:

1. '06 600RR I loved my '05 but its just too uncomfortable

2. '06 RC51 Love the V-Twin sound and power but its big, heavy and not

much more comfortable than the 600RR

3. '06 F4i Good all around, but its kinda a step down from my 600RR

So what do you guys think?? I still have about three weeks to wait for the money so I guess I'll be visiting the local dealerships alot.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Get a used 05 for about $6500.. ride it for a year untill the 07s come out then seel your 05 for $6000 and buy a 07.. Thats honestly what I would do. No matter what you do, dont get the F4i - huge downgrade!

·
Registered
520 Posts
id go with the 1k or wait for the 07, but waithing is hard.... im not a fan of the rc51 myself, and deff not willing to downgrade to a f4i... or you could just stick with what you know, and love. my 2 cents

·
Registered
760 Posts
BlackBulletRR said:
Get a used 05 for about $6500.. ride it for a year untill the 07s come out then seel your 05 for $6000 and buy a 07.. Thats honestly what I would do. No matter what you do, dont get the F4i - huge downgrade!
+1 on that. speaking from a former F4i owner, you'll hate it after being on your RR. i'd buy used 600RR then wait for the 07....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Those of you who is waiting for a new 2007 model with tons of improvements:

STOP WAITING.

UNLESS you or your fxxk buddy works at HONDA and is big mouthed who slips you confirmed info on the new 2007, it's like waiting for something that doesn't exist. I'm not saying there won't be improvements...but to be real honest, 2006 is the year of the 1000rr. Just like how 2005 was the year Honda really upped the 600rr to the state of near perfection.

And don't chicken out on a 1000cc bike just because you are a noob. If you can ride 2 wheels properly, you can ride ANY displacement. It's not like you turn the throttle 2mm and the thing will blast you into space...so many misconceptions about big litre bikes because many people have never ridden such a big bike. I started on a 680lb CRUISER. It was heavy yes, but it was stable. I find myself MORE STABLE ON THE 1000RR than on my previous 600RR in both corners and straight roads.

If the 600RR fits your riding style, go for another 600rr. Since you are in the market to buy again, WHY NOT TEST RIDE ALL BIKES? Don't limit yourself to just the 600 class. THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT. It feels soooooooooo good to have torque...especially on a bike yo'

Good luck, but I'd like also would like to see what will do with 2007...

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just don't like the banana seat on the current F4i...I think 03 was when they started the banana seat so I'd get an 02 F4i, which IMHO looks ALOT better!

·
Registered
142 Posts
i love my 600 and its great for the street, but if i had another chance id by the 1000, maybe after 12 months or so i might think about buying another bike. but if you have owned a 600 before and have to buy another bike why would you buy another 600?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't feel an 06 F4i is a huge downgrade. I had an 01 F4i very comfy bike and next to no problems with it, great handling bike. It really was a great all around bike, then again it was my 1st bike and only I've owned so far. Stat wise the F4i and RR aren't to diffrent so I wouldn't say your going from a 600 to a 250 by choosing a F4i, it's not that big a deal in power. The Rc51 is a awsome bike I'm kinda a big fanboy of the V-Twin a lil to much power for me, but if you've got the rode experince I would recommend the Rc51 over the ones your looking at. So really if your not rode ready for the 1000 go for an F4i if 1000 doesn't bother you get a Rc51 not a 1000 RR. Also the Rc51 isn't seen as much as a RR so theres a lil feeling of begin special if your into that sort of thing. The only short comming of a 1000 anything is insurnce you get gang raped w/out lube on any 1000 bike. Doesn't matter how old you are a 1000 is going to kill you to put on the rode. Thats my 2 cents.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only thing that kinda scares me away from the 1KRR is the insurance. From what I've seen the rates are some where between $400 more a year, to more then double the 600 rates.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
well quite cryin gand go get a 06 600RR, and put a corbin seta on it then, lol.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
RR-Fanatic said:
Those of you who is waiting for a new 2007 model with tons of improvements:

STOP WAITING.

UNLESS you or your fxxk buddy works at HONDA and is big mouthed who slips you confirmed info on the new 2007, it's like waiting for something that doesn't exist.

Good luck, but I'd like also would like to see what will do with 2007...

:headscrat

·
Registered
42 Posts
plus all the colors of the 1k suck for 06 the red is not that bad, but the black round the lights look like poop,,,,,,,have u seen the blue and yellow,,,,ugliest thing ever thought up by honda.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I just took my 06 gsxr 750 for its first real ride and Im telling you its hard to remember good things about the RR. It handles as well as I wished the RR would. I was weiry that there would be too much power ie wheelies. Nope I tryed rocking the throttle hard and just went faster. I haven't been above 9000rpms but have the speed of the RR. I can't imagine the top end of this bike I cant wait.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts