Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys my motorcycle was stolen about 5 months ago, and was recovered by the police. The bottom of the ignition was broken off and it was started by the thief placing a penny on it with a c-clamp. It also looks like the battery was tampered with. The bike sat for about 3 months with out being started. I have since put a brand new ignition on it, and hooked a battery charger directly to the battery cables for power. However I was unable to get any power or anything out of the bike. None of the guages will turn on when turned to the on position. What else should I do? or what else could the thief have done to cause the bike to not have any power?

If your wondering the thief has been caught and is serving a large jail sentence for over $500,000 of stolen property :01_thumbu

·
Registered
200 Posts
is anyone else a little skeptical that dudes first post is on how to get a stolen bike running? Call me a **** all you want, and if its actually your bike, I hope you get her going, but I cant help but wonder....
NICK

·
Registered
91 Posts
is anyone else a little skeptical that dudes first post is on how to get a stolen bike running? Call me a **** all you want, and if its actually your bike, I hope you get her going, but I cant help but wonder....
NICK
lmao

yeah take it to honda. i'm sure they could figure it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had my friend post back in December using his name StolenBike. He made a post for me to help with the recovery of the bike. You can view the post here. http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=66082&highlight=Stolen.

I can take a pic of the vin and title if no one believes me. I was just inquiring about some help and I am not on this forum ever, so I had to obviously register to post. I would take it to honda, but I'm trying to get it fixed myself because I don't want to put very much into it. It is a salvage title bike, and the guy wrecked it when he stole it, so I am already losing out a ton of money. I will check the fuses as well. Thanks for the posts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts