Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice as to what my options are. THe insurance company called and said that the bike was recovered and missing some parts. The theives took my mids lowers and tank cover. They also took my seat and put on different levers, I don't know why they would do that. They also screwed up my ingnition becaues they were apperently sticking a screwdriver in there or something to start it. THe best part is that they left the full Arata system and PC3 on the bike.

My queston is, after I get an estimate and get the bike fixed using used plastics of course, how much is a theft recovery worth? Will the insurance company pay for a new ignition if the old one still works? I already went and bought an '04 Suzuki 750 and I need to be able to get 6-7 grand out of this thing.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, they wait 30 days to see if it is recovered, it was stolen last sunday. THis is why I need to sell the Honda.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Your kinda screwed Huh/I would of waited to but another one till they paid me.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Where are you located? Hmm...see if there's anyway the insurance CO can buy it from you? You really did screw yourself by not waiting for it to be found...but if you RREEALLLY want I'll take it off your hands for $4,000 ;-) I need me a street-hooptie...or maybe track-hooptie

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are still gonna pay for repairs, I'm hoping that with new plastics and a nice bath she will look good as new.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sorta figured that once it was fixed that it would maybee be worth a few hindered dollars less than it was before.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
you can get some money for that arata!!

·
4,452 Posts
Well how many miles are you running on it? See if the insurnace CO will just throw you a fat check for the repairs and theft and then sell it for cheaper to some one who doesn't want to put OEM **** back on it

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have you found out for sure that they are gonna fix it instead of totaling it. You might be surprised how quickly one can be declared a total loss. I had my F4i totaled and wouldnt have had to replace anthing more than you have to. The insurance company will have to use OEM replacements and we all know they charge an arm and a leg for a fairing. They should also have to replace your ignition or anything else that was damaged and your levers because thats not what was on there, regardless of their condition. You should have waited to get your insurance check to get a new bike buy you might not be screwed quite yet.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Just leave the RR out. I'll be right over. Put the key in the secret compartment. :twisted:

·
Registered
403 Posts
You're leaving out some details, like whether you have full coverage or just liabilty. This makes a difference in the direction you should take. If you have full coverage, and if they don't total the bike, then I don't see why you can't get the bike to the condition it was at before it got stolen. Here in CA, the law states that you can take it to any shop you want, and the insurance company has to honor your choice of shop. Take it to a very reputable shop that will do a good job putting BRAND NEW OEM parts on. After the repairs are done, I don't see why you couldn't get at least $6k with your mods (based on CA prices)

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
My bad about the GIXXER 750... for some reason i missed that part.

I'm suprised your insurance company hasn't totalled out the RR. with as much work that needs to be done to it, OEM wise, they should have totalled it out. but i still stick to my original suggestion of selling it to someone who wants to build a track bike, assuming they don't total it, and keep the gixxer...

·
4,452 Posts
Who cares if they total it...some one who wants a race-bike or track bike will gladly take a salvage-title bike...at least I would...? But if you wanna stick with the Gix-750 then try to get some insurance money for the bike, and sell the rest of it for cheap...just cut your losses on the $$, you acted too soon on another bike...live and learn and hook a mother-f'cker up ;-) :bounce:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts