Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I am so fu***in pissed. Long story short, I was 22 when I bought the bike and insurance was way too high in NY so for my 04 CBR600RR it was like close to 4G for full insurance because I had like 6 points. Anyway I did not get that because obviously no one on this thread would. I got liability and 2 years go by without any problems. I went to Canada for a week before with no one home and my bike in my driveway without problems. So anyway, Wednesday night I leave and go out with my girl, Bike in the driveway infront of a car and about 30 feet from the curb. I get back home at around 1245 and no bike. I was like no way, bad april fools joke. Now the joke is on me because I have liability only so no coverage, I owe about 4200 on the bike. Cops can't do **** and no one else can. I hope karma comes in and fu**in kills whoever did this and they die while riding my bike. I even hope that it is my car that kills him. Can't believe that people have the Balls to do this while people were still in my house. I had like 3 grand or more in mods to that bike. I know I should have locked it or I should have put it in the garage or I should have done this or done that but be honest. no one does this **** unless **** like this happens to you and what's worse is that my parents and little sister are scared because it happened when they were at home. Sorry for the rant but anyone on this thread can appreciate this information so get LOJACK I will never get any other bike without that investment first.

·
Administrator
51,147 Posts
this sucks man really does i hope that ba***ard who stole it gets whacked hard while riding it or trying to sell it

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Dude I feel for ya but not having full coverage is crazy. But Being from Jersey I can realte because that sh1t is so unaffordable for most of us.. But I have to say that if I couldn't get full coverage I would have definitely gotten LoJack or something.

Sorry to hear about the bike.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I know how you feel back in Oct they took my 03, the cop's just found some parts which I’m going to get to see soon. But I'm 25 with a clean driving record so my theft and fire coverage is like $500. Just whish for the best, they may find you’re bike in one piece.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
let me get this straight. you cant afford full coverage insurance or to pay the bike off but you can afford $3k in mods. How did the finance company let you get away with not fully insuring the bike? In CA if the bike is insured its required to have full coverage. I feel for ya, to a certain degree because it always sucks to have something stolen...but you left it in your driveway? Might as well have left the keys in it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Not to sound rude, but it sounds like the bike was a "toy." If you couldn't afford everything that goes along with it, maybe you should have waited until you could. Or since you said it had been 2 yrs, maybe tried to get insurance instead of just hoping you'd keep being lucky. I don't wait for this type of thing to happen before I lock my bike. My bike has AT LEAST a disk lock on it everytime my butt leaves the seat, no matter how long I'm off it.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
sorry that it happened to you
dont get too pissed with the following statements
U live in NY, U SHOULD know better!
i had my sister watch my bike while it was in the driveway while i
took groceries upstairs yesterday, my bike is never left alone at all
its allways locked up with disc lock and chain
and block in with the car and a bunch of other ****
its a pain in the a$$ to get it out for a ride, but i sleep good.
hopefully you live and learn.
NY people have to be extra cautious

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First off I never said I couldn't afford to pay off the bike. My how some people on this thread jump to stupid conclusions. That's what financing is I can definately afford it but why when I can make payments with no interest for 3 years. But I don't have the bike now and I still have to make payments sucks balls and the fact that I can never sell it to get any money out of It . Mods are affordable but full insurance was ridiculous because it was like 4G a year. That's an insane price to pay for insurance on a 7800 bike. Lojack agreed my mistake but I live in Long Island dude. Pretty safe neighborhood trust me. Like I said I left for Canada for like a week and nothing happened. It was in my driveway while people were home. Whoever did this knew what they were doing for sure so just be careful and stop these ******** can't afford ********. not nice Shame on you

·
Registered
201 Posts
First mod I did to my bike is get an alarm and disk lock. I have liability and I fear for something like this nighly, even though my bike sleeps in a garage. Sorry to hear about your situation. Hope everything turns out alright.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Sorry man, that really sucks. However I see as you getting lucky the entire time leaving you bike just chillin' on the street, leaving it solo with nobody watching it, owing money on an uninsured bike, going on vacations leaving the bike in the same spot, etc... You've pretty much played with fire and won for a few years. This was bound to happen. Next time, insure your bike for one, and 2- go in halfs with somebody and rent out a garage, borrow space in a buddies garage, etc. Otherwise the **** will get stolen.

Again, sorry.

·
Registered
131 Posts
After reading this... I think I'm going to go and buy a Lojack set-up this week...

·
Registered
860 Posts
No reason to get upset at anyone but yourself. You saved X amount of dollars by putting it on the Honda Card or whatever, but in turn didn't use that saved amount ot ensure you had the best insurance available in case something like this did happen. You had the money for mods, so I think it's safe to assume that you probably could have afforded insurance instead of those mods. I don't think anyone is saying you're a broke d!ck either, just have your priorities a little out of whack. No biggie, just hope you have plenty of pics to stick with that bill you have to keep paying every month.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
i ain't mad at ya.... sucks you got jacked i had my 04 for two months... bought it brand new... before it got snatched from under my buddies carport while i was at work. it was right next to the door with its forks locked... turns out from what i hear locked forks are hard to get around... on top of that the police acted like i stole it... can you believe that.... luckly i had full coverage but then again it only costs me 92 a month. just be sure to add theft next time.... i don't think it is much extra. good luck finding it bro, u have my best of wishes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Man that sucks. i would have to agree 4g's a year is a little steep for a bike that is only worth like you said 7800. Things like this should never happen. I hope you find your bike and I REALLY REALLY hope that guy who stole it lives FOREVER because death is the easy way out. If he lives forever he get to see all his loved ones die and won't be able to do anything about it. BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
one another note
lojack covers the bike if it is stolen and what is the gurantee
I heard that if they recover it and it is totalled or damaged that there is no compensation? Do they just gurantee you find the bike or do they replace it if anything is broken or missing

·
Registered
577 Posts
Lojack is basically "theft recovery", nothing more. It is NOT insurance. If they get it back totalled or damaged, then they did their "job" by bringing it back to you, end of story. It is your insurance's responsibility to take care of the rest (if you choose to do so). If LoJack doesn't recover your bike within 24 hours, the most they will do for you is refund your $595 that you paid for the system. They will NOT repair or replace anything that has been broken or missing.

HavocIND said:
one another note
lojack covers the bike if it is stolen and what is the gurantee
I heard that if they recover it and it is totalled or damaged that there is no compensation? Do they just gurantee you find the bike or do they replace it if anything is broken or missing

1 - 20 of 23 Posts