Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend and i both bought bikes on 05/24/06 he got a silver rr and i got an orange one. while i went out and got insuranse on it right away he didnt. on 06/05/06 his bike was stolen from cal poly pomona. him and i both know that not gitting insurance was a bone head move so moving along.. his bike was financed on a honda credit card.. is there anything that anyone can tell me, that might help him out in anyway.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
check ebay for anything that may be suspicious in your area, but the bike is prolly already in pieces. If you see a 600rr in your area, check the VIN on the frame. Umm, notify the police. That sucks man so sorry to hear about that unfortunate event. Damn thieves.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
........no insurance? OUCH. all i can say is look up at the sky and talk to god. and if he isn't so religious, hell im buddhist, he better start having faith!

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Uh, looks like he'll be paying off a bike he won't be able to ride. It's an unfortunate state of affairs, but if you're going to plunk down $8000 for a bike, I think you spend $1000 on insurance. After all, no one buys a car without insurance. What's done is done... All you can do is hope they recover it before it's pieced out or wrecked.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Ya I had my Honda Salesman set up all my insurance before I even left the lot. All they required was a $200 deposit and I was fully covered on the spot. Sucks for him tho. I'd be so pissed at myself if I didn't get the insurance and that happened to me.

·
Registered
428 Posts
i dont think its illegal but it may be an agreement between the financial institute and the borrower in the contract

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
KhMeRGuY978 said:
hey wait.. i thought it was illegal to have an uninsured bike on a loan?
True. No dealership will alow you to leave the showroom without insurance... also I dont know how a loan is approved without insurance...Sounds fishy.. In the end I feel bad for your friend.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
last time I checked, no bank would finance you if it was uninsured, cuz if you total it, or it is stolen, they don't have collateral to repo if you don't pay... tell him to call honda when he gets the bill and say "what bike? i never bought a bike?" lol *note-don't really do this, it's fraud... but it's funny!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
05Ryde said:
True. No dealership will alow you to leave the showroom without insurance... also I dont know how a loan is approved without insurance...Sounds fishy.. In the end I feel bad for your friend.

The place I bought didn't even care. Then I found out if I didn't show them proof of insurance within 5 days they could automatically selll me insurance. Didn't even mention a work. I was there the next day with proof. **** stealerships. Wish you could buy bikes and cars straight from the manufacturers.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Tell your boy to check his paperwork. Dealerships will usually not let you out without insurance at least on the bike. They don't care if you have liability or not, they want to protect themselves. Also, like someone above me said, they may have automatically gave him insurance at his expense without telling him.

·
Registered
428 Posts
i have bought a couple bikes from the same dealer... my first bike was a 04 gsxr600 they said i didnt need insurance to drive off....then in 05 i bought my 600rr and they said it was a requirement from Honda. Also when i financed my suzuki, i had to keep it in my garage for a few months cause of winter when i got it, i didnt ride it and therefore i didnt have insurance, i never recieved a call or anything from the financial institute. Also i wasnt worried because with the bike being in my garage it was covered under homeowners insurance.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Hate to hear that. The dealer we buy from won't let you leave without ins.

·
Registered
830 Posts
RickRR said:
i have bought a couple bikes from the same dealer... my first bike was a 04 gsxr600 they said i didnt need insurance to drive off....then in 05 i bought my 600rr and they said it was a requirement from Honda. Also when i financed my suzuki, i had to keep it in my garage for a few months cause of winter when i got it, i didnt ride it and therefore i didnt have insurance, i never recieved a call or anything from the financial institute. Also i wasnt worried because with the bike being in my garage it was covered under homeowners insurance.
hey - i'm not trying to start a debate or be a smart a$$, but i don't think your homeowners would cover you bike if it was stolen from home.. that's like if your car got stolen in your garage, your home owners wouldn't cover it - it would be cover by your auto.. i'm just stating this incase you don't have theft for your bike.. just trying to look out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts