Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a guy here at work recently bought a new 07 zx10 3 weeks ago. walked into the dealer with no money to put down and rode away 2 hrs. later on the brand new zed. finance co. out of nevada or thereabouts did not require the bike to be insured. naturally, the guy only insured it for liability since full coverage would have been unaffordable. last night, it was stolen from outside his apartment. he hasn't even made one payment yet. the zed was locked down to an iron fence. anybody have any advice as to what this kid should do as far as paying for a non existent bike or not? the zed was somehow charged to his credit card initially. is he perhaps covered somehow thru the c card? just looking for something to maybe help him out... i know some of the guys on this site have had the same thing happen to them.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
he will still have to pay for the bike, even if he doesnt have it. maybe see if he can put full ins on it then claim it stolen next week?

·
Registered
476 Posts
sucks to be him, he will have to pay for it still. should have gotten used or full coverage for the new bike. thieves everywhere these days.

·
Registered
840 Posts
damn i feel his pain. That sucks to have a brand new bike get stolen. When i got my sh1t stolen i had it paid off already.

But yeah he would still have to pay for it. The best thing to do is just to switch to theft insurance and claim on it a couple of weeks from now. Let the insurance company take the hit.. (kinda shady i know =P )

·
Registered
66 Posts
damn i feel his pain. That sucks to have a brand new bike get stolen. When i got my sh1t stolen i had it paid off already.

But yeah he would still have to pay for it. The best thing to do is just to switch to theft insurance and claim on it a couple of weeks from now. Let the insurance company take the hit.. (kinda shady i know =P )
That works if he hasnt already filed a police report. Same thing happened to my friend here with a bike he only had 2 months. You will have to pay it. If he didnt file a police report then def have him get theft and then call in a few weeks...otherwise he is **** out of luck. Def sucks bigtime

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
That is considerd insurance fraud will he get away with it
who knows , credit cards do not cover motorized purchases
i was in the same situation back in 94 and had to pay for a bike
that i did not have , lesson learned the hard way

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
suggesting insurance fraud will not be condoned. it's a MAJOR offense and the jail sentence is severe.

If you can't safely keep a brand new motorcycle from the eyes of thieves, then don't get one...OR find proper storage for it.

it sucks to be him, especially with a $12k debt in his hands and no bike. as Moe said, lesson learned the hard way.

Motorcycle theft is rampant almost everywhere. Full coverage is a no-brainer. and if you can't insure it, then you shouldn't buy it.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hmmm, no money for a bike, but still gets a bike.. Cant afford insurance so gets bare minimum and bike gets stolen. It just wasnt meant to be... Shitty luck but man, some people dont think ahead.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think I'm going to get a bag of money and tie it to a fence. That's how my brain processed this post. What do you think would happen? I think I even insured my HUFFY from 94'. Insurance is a must especially if it was something that you have to leave outside! I had my 05' cbr stolen and if not for insurance.........ouch!

·
Registered
244 Posts
This is a prime example of "better you than me".

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Man, sucks for this guy. Obviously the guy doesn't need to hear that he shouldnt have gotten theft insurance. Man, I would be so bummed if this happened to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts