Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my bike just got stolen from right in front of me... It just happened no more then 30 min ago. I was trying to sell my bike because of some student loans I was trying to pay off. So some guy came to see it, which he is about the 10 person to come take a look at it. He came with his girlfriend in her car and I was showing him the bike while his girlfriend stayed in the car. His girl friend said she was going to go get us coffees and that she would be back in about 10 min. So I turn it on and show him rev it a bit let him hear the exhaust then while its on he asks me if he can sit on it. I said sure... and wouldn’t you know it the mother f*cker took off. At first I was like wtf then I jumped in my car to try and follow him... which was really stupid because he was gone b4 I knew it. So i call the cops and im waiting for an officer to give me a call back mean while they put a locate out for it. So its basically gone forever, the thing that pisses me off so much is I don’t have insurance. I haven’t ridden it in about a month and have just been trying to sell it so I never bothered to renew it. I just hope that bastard dies and burns in hell, I don’t even care if I get the bike back I just want to know he died while he was trying to run with it. So now I am stuck with a finance for a bike I no longer have, I hope he gets whats coming to him.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
That really sucks but you know what its your fault man
how can u be so dumbfounded you felt for the oldest
easiest / dumbest trick in the book

Now in case u get it back here is a few pointers
when trying to sell your bike

1.Never Ever meet the buyer at your house
2.Never Ever let the buyer take the bike
for a test ride
3. If the buyer want to sit on your bike
do not leave the key in the ignition
4. Dont sign the title until paid in full
5. Make sure you take your plate off the bike
even after you got the cash the license plate is
your responsibilty

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He didnt have a helmet on, He did have like a summer jacket, but its cool out here so i didnt think anything of it. I live in a new sub division and the only cameras are redlight cameras that are about 4 km away. Im figuring his girl friend was set to meet him somewhere and give him a helmet

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya i feel really dumb... not much else i can say

·
Registered
458 Posts
damn bro that sucks to hear i hope they catch the guy u didnt catch anything about the car the gf was driving like make model anything??

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya iv got the make and model and a description of them both, but thats about it

·
Registered
52 Posts
Now that sucks, hope that you get it back. Like was said before "Chalk it up to experience"

·
Registered
192 Posts
that is just downright insane... I cant beleive it could actually go down like that.. he has to have balls of steel to show you his face and literally ride off... I've test driven peoples bikes, but I guess I always left my bike/car there for them to have... reguardless its a crap situation and I hope you find that fucker.
Shade-

N

·
0 Posts
That sucks man! The nerve of this guy! I just hope he doesn't dump the bike. Man, that sucks!

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
damn that blows.... hope your luck changes soon, and you get that bastard sooner than later

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
That's horrible. I would have been a little worried right when the gf left. Seriously who goes out to buy coffee for you and their bf as teh guy who wants to but the bike stays there.

My rule always is with anyone. If you want to ride my bike than put $9k in my hand. If you dump it or steal it your just bought yourself a new bike.

Ofcourse no one has $9k in their pocket for you to hold on to.

N

·
0 Posts
TOMIMOTO said:
My rule always is with anyone. If you want to ride my bike than put $9k in my hand. If you dump it or steal it your just bought yourself a new bike.

Ofcourse no one has $9k in their pocket for you to hold on to.
The buyer didn't say he wanted to test ride it otherwise the seller would have said no or wanted collateral. The problem was that the bike was facing the open road.

Live and learn, I guess. Turn that puppy facing your house not the street.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
Nemesis said:
The buyer didn't say he wanted to test ride it otherwise the seller would have said no or wanted collateral. The problem was that the bike was facing the open road.

Live and learn, I guess. Turn that puppy facing your house not the street.
+1 he should have left it in the garage or done something that would have kept the guy from taking off with it

·
Registered
830 Posts
oh man.. i'm sorry to hear that... i probably would of done the same.. hind sight is 20/20, but i would never have thought the guy would take off either.. there are a lot of bad people, but people in general are good (except those katrina evacuee's that are causing all sorts of hell in houston)..

·
Registered
361 Posts
that sux! Thanks for telling us to remember to take the key out if they want to sit on it.

I only allow test rides on full cash in hand

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya he asked for a ride but I told him no, i would not let some ride it becuase i dont have insurance on it and if someone dumped it id get screwed. Then about 5 min later he asked if he could sit on it and I didnt think of it. It was right in my drive way, i couldnt believe it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
moeman said:
That really sucks but you know what its your fault man
how can u be so dumbfounded you felt for the oldest
easiest / dumbest trick in the book

Now in case u get it back here is a few pointers
when trying to sell your bike

1.Never Ever meet the buyer at your house
2.Never Ever let the buyer take the bike
for a test ride
3. If the buyer want to sit on your bike
do not leave the key in the ignition
4. Dont sign the title until paid in full
5. Make sure you take your plate off the bike
even after you got the cash the license plate is
your responsibilty

thanks for the info.....everyday i learn something new in this forum...
Sorry for your bike dude...cant believe it can be that simple...

1 - 20 of 109 Posts