Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently had a bike stolen (thank god i got it back) and im puzzled. I guess if any of you are like me, you've spent a lot of time modding bikes and just being "under the hood" so to speak.
Why would Honda not fix such an obvious problem with certain wires? Im not gonna put it out there in case anyone gets ideas but if you work on your bike you should know what im talking about.
Just curious as to what other people think on it.

Besides not keeping the bike outside EVER, and having an armed gun torrent spring from the gas tank when ever someone gets to close(which i thought about), what ways have you guys kept your bikes safe. i've been looking at alarms, but my purchase of a lowjack really didn't do me much good so im wondering if an alarm is even worth it.

My theory is that if they really want it, they'll get it. But if i really wanna keep it, will i? lol

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Keep it in your sight at all times? I saw on your other post that you don't run insurance, so I understand your concern.

There's a million ways to lock, alarm, keep your bike safe. But theres just as many ways for people to steal em too. It sucks, but it's just the way it is.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
dude I feel you on that turret idea LOL. Mine was almost stolen about a month ago from my driveway. I live in a quiet everyone knows everyone neighborhood and all I used to do was keep my bars locked (most underly used safety mechanism by most) keep it in gear and keep the ignition switch in off. You never know if they do get it started some how their probably too stupid to know about that. And keeping it in gear prevents anyone from pushing it. But they will kick it over and drag it til they get tired and decide to leave. Ppl need to just keep their hands off ppls shyt.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Question is, How did U get it back? Police found it?
The best way to protect your investment, is take pictures of mods/upgrades and carry comp insurance...

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Not at all... its not even on the bike anymore so im guessing they tossed it or something? GREAT HIDING SPOT HONDA!
who actually installed the lo-jack, a dealer or did you buy the bike used.

I just ask because i requested a located for my lo-jack

·
Registered
25 Posts
Man I think the only way to do it is to get a fatty chain and attach it to something that won't move. When I get back to school I'm keeping mine chained to a concrete pillar in the garage. Just have to make sure you got something they can't cut through... A kill switch and disk lock are too easy to defeat, they just get a crew and pick up your bike

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Lo jack is only good if you know your bike got stolen immediately. Honda didn't install the lojack, dealership did. All it take for the thieves to locate it is as fast as they can disassemble the bike
Alarm is good, specially with motion sensors because because the alarm will go off (considering you chain your bike to a post) while they're working on cutting you rcahins off.
auto shut off and lock bars don't do you any good. Those suckers (professional ones) have power tools that could cut through chains in a matter of seconds, and they usually have four or more guys with a truck or Uhaul with a mattress in the back so they'll just pick up our bike and dump it in the back of the truck.
Lojack only works once you realized that your bike been stolen then they can track them. i heard lojack have an active monitoring system now but I'm not sure.
But if you have the alarm, at least you have an early warning device and if it's chained, then you slow the process of the ahole stealing your bike.
There are ways you can do to slow them down (such as alarms, good quality chains and lock that is locked into a floor anchor) and lojack, but you need a combination of all.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Man I think the only way to do it is to get a fatty chain and attach it to something that won't move. When I get back to school I'm keeping mine chained to a concrete pillar in the garage. Just have to make sure you got something they can't cut through... A kill switch and disk lock are too easy to defeat, they just get a crew and pick up your bike
Those ahole have cutters that could cut through most metal in a matter of minutes. Trust me, alarm, chain , lojack then park it in the garage blocked of by a car.

·
Chief IronLungs
2,000 Posts
dude I feel you on that turret idea LOL. Mine was almost stolen about a month ago from my driveway. I live in a quiet everyone knows everyone neighborhood and all I used to do was keep my bars locked (most underly used safety mechanism by most) keep it in gear and keep the ignition switch in off. You never know if they do get it started some how their probably too stupid to know about that. And keeping it in gear prevents anyone from pushing it. But they will kick it over and drag it til they get tired and decide to leave. Ppl need to just keep their hands off ppls shyt.

im certain if they can steal a bike, they know how to put it neutral :tard:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Question is, How did U get it back? Police found it?
Yes Mr. PoPo actually came thru. A friend of mine is an officer and called me same day. Some ********, and paper work later and i was on my way.

I agree with the comment saying a mixture of all the methods is the best way to keep our bikes safe.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Those ahole have cutters that could cut through most metal in a matter of minutes. Trust me, alarm, chain , lojack then park it in the garage blocked of by a car.
thats exactly how I keep mine cept for a couple things...

the garage is blocked by 2 cars instead of one (both with alarms), the garage is tied in with the house security and I got bored one day so I put a motion sensing camera which turns on as soon as something moves in the garage.
the nice thing about the cam is that its hooked to a 500 gig hard drive so I doubt I'll have to get another for while.

the only thing I cant do is get a firearm because my girl says it wont mix good with my temper lol

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
im certain if they can steal a bike, they know how to put it neutral :tard:
lol dude I think you might be surprised. Some dipshit tried to steal my buddies bike right down the road from my house. The idiots left it in gear and didn't realize that motorcycles have a handlebar lock. He went to the garage in the morning to find it laying on it's side, still in gear.

My guess is they went to move it, the back wheel locked, then with the steering locked, they lost their footing, dropped it and ran like hell.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have a disc lock w/alarm, a ulock on the rear wheel, and large chain connected to a concrete anchor. I also keep it covered all the time, in gear, and I have full coverage insurance. I know if someone wants it bad enough they can take it, but it will be a pain since I have 3 locks and my truck is parked in front of it. Other than that, a motion censor would be good.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Garage, Steering lock, Scorpio Alarm, large items between the bike and the garage door, and this...

And in case there is any question, I can hit a golf ball at 100 meters all day, so would be thieves are a walk in the park. :icon_lol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts