Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did anyone notice that Stoner was already wearing the #1 patch on his suit during the after race interview....cocky little bastard!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think Nicky wore a vest last year after the race as well. So, yes, I did notice, but I fast forwarded the interview.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I noticed the vest also. So if you guys were stoner would you race these last races and risk getting hurt in a crash?

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
rossi will race next year... he wants to win the record title...

and he had a cap handed to him at the finish of the race , saying world champion... the team was sooooo stoked race winner and season title holder...

stoner will race to secure ducati the manufactures crown as well... on top if that it will be in hos contract to show up and he is a pro!! its wot he does and from a distance wot flows thru his veins!!! its all good!!

first european victory since MV in 73 wasnt it??!!!??!!!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
congrats to stoner on winning the Championship.

looking forward to 08.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
I said it before season started the stoner is no crasher

·
Registered
895 Posts
did anyone notice that Stoner was already wearing the #1 patch on his suit during the after race interview....cocky little bastard!!
His family had it made for him. The jersey was sprung on him as a surprise from his wife, mom and dad.

When he came to give them a hug, they handed it to him and you could see his was geniunely surprised, shocked and happy.

It wasn't anything to do with "cocky".

Loris Capirossi was wearing a "1st" cap on his head after the race. Does that make him cocky? NO! They just have that junk laying around in case of the wins. Sponsors try to be prepared.

I didn't get a good look, but from what I heard from Rossi, Stoner had a dedication/recognition/shout out to Rossi on his champion t-shirt to the man, VALENTINO ROSSI. He said he really appreciated the gesture and stated that he was even MORE pleased to see that a fan of his (fan of Rossi) became World Champion.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
choice .. yeah i like casey , for a young kid he works hard and imo is a deserving world champ this year...

bet ducati cant beleive thier luck , when he wasnt even their second choice signing for this year!!!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
you can tell he's a humble guy...even after beating out a grid of the absolute best riders in the world (val, nicky, Cap, Melandri, Dani, Hopper, Colin...etc..)

at his post-race conference, he was speechless. could've talked all the smack in the world, but instead just smiled and thanked his family, team, and sponsors.

young guy with class. rode the crap outta that bike and tires.

·
Registered
895 Posts
you can tell he's a humble guy...even after beating out a grid of the absolute best riders in the world (val, nicky, Cap, Melandri, Dani, Hopper, Colin...etc..)

at his post-race conference, he was speechless. could've talked all the smack in the world, but instead just smiled and thanked his family, team, and sponsors.

young guy with class. rode the crap outta that bike and tires.

Yea and I really like his story. So many of the younger motogp riders have some pretty hard knocks life story. The fact that his entire family moved to the UK to allow Casey to race more and living in a caravan to make things work. That's dedication, belief and true family support/love.

I'm glad he won the championship and made his family's sacrifices worthwhile. Good on them!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
by "cocky little bastard" i actually meant in a sarcastic, jokingly way...i actually think he is a great rider and well deserved of being the champ.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts