Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People who advertise goods or services for commercial sale to members without paying for that privilege are stealing from me and our members.

Running this website is not free of charge, if you are advertising products for sale and have not made a agreement with me on reciprocal compensation through advertising fees then you are stealing.

I've posted on this in many places and I know it's tough to find all the old posts but come on, if this were television who reasonably thinks they would get free commercials? http://www.600rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13690

The Moderators and I are cracking down on this hard and will be serious pricks about it. I encourage members who see such activities to report them. The members deserve to have quality products that serve a good purpose available to them without worrying about overhyped garbage product and the website deserves to be compensated for the advertising.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
JB
i am behind you a 100000000000000 % will keep my eyes wide open
and i encourage evrey member here to do the same ;-)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I totally agree. It's a very thin line between advertising and product reviews. What if the manufacturer sells its merchandise through its official website? Like Puig or Zero G screens and other accessories. Is mentioning some company name considered advertising?

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I mention what I buy for my bike all the time and often I give credit to the place I bought it from. But you're right, it is a fine line because the next cool thing might drive sales to someone who isn't a sponsor - then it becomes a question of intent. That's when I start working the database, quereing PM's and looking for patterns.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
JetBlast10 said:
No, I mention what I buy for my bike all the time and often I give credit to the place I bought it from. But you're right, it is a fine line because the next cool thing might drive sales to someone who isn't a sponsor - then it becomes a question of intent. That's when I start working the database, quereing PM's and looking for patterns.
Kevin friggin' Private Eye over here :lol:

Seriously tho, good job. It also weeds out a lot of the shady buisness seeking people that parooze web sites looking to make dollaz. I like knowing that the people from this site I order from are legit, and that if they f'ck up bad, their reputation on the site gets messed up...so they don't want to mess up.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Can I sell my body work in the for sale forum? I am thinking about selling my stock body work, since I turn my bike into track bike?

·
4,452 Posts
honiton said:
Can I sell my body work in the for sale forum? I am thinking about selling my stock body work, since I turn my bike into track bike?
Yes, you can...that's what the for-sale forum is for...

...what he's talking about is people who find whole sale stuff, and try to sell it here to make money...it's like, free advertising. The dealers on this web site pay money to advertise, and be site vendors...and when people come in and advertise and sell things here, but don't give back to the site, it ticks Kev off...sites with this many users and bandwith are expencive...err...so I think? I dunno, I'm talkin' ****...but yes, you can sell your stock body work in the for sale section...just make sure you're not buying stock body work from Honda and then selling it here...kinda get what I'm saying?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Oh ok.. gotcha.. Its only for people that are trying to make money.. Thanks Med..

Kevin, I am behind you 100%... Great site.. :thumbup:

·
4,452 Posts
Hey...Kevin, is it OK if I find a bunch of right mid fairings for $100 and sell them for $200? Since you know...it'll cost about $10 to ship them out... :roll:

N

·
0 Posts
I'm sorry, Jet.

All I sold are my ex's thongs to Honiton. He said he was out of them.....LOL.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Nemesis said:
I'm sorry, Jet.

Damn dude, you are so sick, I would touch your ex's thongs with 10 foot pole, they are just disgusting, but I bet you sniff them everyday before you sleep you sick SOB... :Machine Gun: :Flamethrower: LOL...

·
4,452 Posts
Nemesis said:
I'm sorry, Jet.

...you mean...YOUR ex-thongs...(the " ex's " was a typo...)

Hey, this isn't .com you bitches. Keep all your post-whoring over there :evil:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Meddiepie954rr said:
Nemesis said:
I'm sorry, Jet.

...you mean...YOUR ex-thongs...(the " ex's " was a typo...)

Hey, this isn't .com you bitches. Keep all your post-whoring over there :evil:
You tell him Med.. Sorry Jetblast..

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can't seem to get any replies in reference to my sponsoring the site. Will someone please contact me about this? I was talking to a gent. here a while back and upon trying to pay him for the advertisement I lost touch and could not getting a hold of him again. Thanks.

Ian Gilmore
901-351-4764
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts