Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a small stoppie last night and when my bike came down it came down kinda hard and as soon as the rear tire hit the engine cut out. It started right back up but is that normal? And why would that happen? I had a full tank of gas so it wasnt starved for fuel either....

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Normal? no but maybe just an isolated incident. If it continues have it checked for a loose connection

·
Registered
364 Posts
919 said:
I think the impact from the stoppie broke the flx capacitor.
Ya, my flux capacitor got rattled a few weeks ago, and my bike cut out too. Prolly going to want to look into this one, might cost a pretty penny. I had to go back to future just to get mine fixed.

C

·
0 Posts
919 said:
I think the impact from the stoppie broke the flx capacitor.

You've been hanging around BenReilly too much...thats his answer for everything, lol.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input. I dont think it was anything that bad. Cuz after i did that i tweaked my flux capacitor then did a front flip into my driveway off the sidewalk ramp i built. When i landed the bike was still running and nothing shut off. I think my bike is fine.

·
Bike Of The Month - 09/05
1,609 Posts
Since you came down hard on a stopie.... it could be the side stand (might have moved a bit and then got back) that way the side stand sensor shuts of the engine.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you WANT to do stoppies, then turn up the idle speed, that will take care of engine shutoff when you bring the back tire down.
If you don't want to do stoppies then set you suspension properly and sit back on the seat(push back) when stopping hard.-EZ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts