1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Police Search For Driver After Motorcyclist Hit From Behind

POSTED: 6:57 am EST March 21, 2006
UPDATED: 7:00 am EST March 21, 2006

A motorcyclist died Monday night in Titusville when he was struck from behind by a car and thrown from his motorcycle on State Road 405, police told Local 6 News partner Florida Today.

Police are looking Tuesday for the driver of the other vehicle, who fled the scene on foot, Titusville police spokesman Warren Van Vuren said in a press release.

The victim, whose identity was not released by police pending notification of next of kin, died at the scene of the collision.

About 8 p.m., a blue 1986 Chevrolet Caprice rear-ended the victim's black Honda Shadow motorcycle as they both headed south on SR 405, south of Singleton Avenue.

Investigators are looking into whether the driver of the Chevrolet Caprice was racing another vehicle, before the car hit the motorcycle, Van Vuren said.

An initial investigation showed the motorcycle was driving properly and didn't cause the accident. Police believe the Caprice was traveling at a high speed.

A description of the driver of the Caprice is forthcoming as investigators continue their investigation, Van Vuren said.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I hate to hear stories like this.....I could not imagine the type of person that could do something like that and then leave the scene....fatality or not.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Whats wrong with people, everytime I read one of these articles it involves people fleeing after hitting the motorcyclist :|.

·
Registered
969 Posts
R.I.P. Rider!!! Yes, stuff like this makes me angry but I just dont know who to be angry at.... Some times stories are exactly what they are STORIES.. You just never know what can happen, we all knew the risk before we got into this sport & hopefully we all know the risk EVERY time we get on our bikes.... The point Im trying to get at is that we could easily be misinformed on the true story when it comes to accidents (Never know, cops could have been chasing that caprice) not trying to flame on them but I feel stuff like this is or isnt what it may seem!!!!! Just a rant & 2cents....

·
Registered
473 Posts
Always sad to hear of another rider down. But the worst is when ppl cant man up to their actions. Hope he's caught and rots in jail

·
Premium Member - BOTM 02/2010
1,540 Posts
when the driver gets caught, i'd like to hear how they justify leaving the scene. and they escaped on foot??? WTF? who does that?
+1 on the pineapple!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
A metal spiked pineapple would be better.

In a case like this, was there anything the biker could have done? Im not always perfect, but I usually try to keep an eye on my surroundings, including things coming behind me, but in this case, maybe he had nowhere to go or something. Im always paranoid about getting rear ended in stop and go traffic (which I encounter all the time here).

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
everybody always gives me sh1t when I stereotype about the Mexicans being illegal and all, but in this case with the car being a Caprice , the dude is definitely black!
I would confirm this if they had said it had 54 inch rims on it! :eviltongu

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Hahaha, Dr. Spank... that was most UN politically-correct statement I've seen in a long time.

Dr.Spank said:
everybody always gives me sh1t when I stereotype about the Mexicans being illegal and all, but in this case with the car being a Caprice , the dude is definitely black!

·
Registered
540 Posts
rip rider....

and that pos cager won't be free for long...

and dr spank, allow me to be the first to flame u for that retarded comment. what'd u get your doctorate in? ignorance?

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
people do some stupid things.... alot of them seem to involve a cage!!!rip to all the victims of stupidity....the driver will get theirs, one way or another, ya reap wot ya sow!!! peace

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
dxh13 SHUT DA FUGK UP!!!! Read my post you jackass!!! It was a joke.

Don't come in here with your bullsh1t trying to be all politicaly correct!!!
These are forums, they are meant to provide information and have "FUN" !!

If you wanna be all holy, go to fuggin church you assclown! :jerkit:

·
2006 BOTY WINNER
814 Posts
Dr.Spank said:

There's a joke in there? I didn't see it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts