Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 CBR600RR, and I bought a Xena XX10 disc lock. But it doesn't fit under the passenger seat cowling. Is there any way I can get it under the seat or any other storage compartment on the bike, or am I better off just returning the disc lock for something I can fit?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Please forgive this newbie question, I've only had my bike about 6 months. Does the Xena somehow lock through the holes in the front rotor, thereby stopping the rotor from turning past the fork? And then I assume you just leave the bike in gear to keep the rear wheel from turning?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Correct, but what would stop the theif from putting it in neutral? ;)
the front wheel can be steering locked, so I put my lock on the rear. It won't stop them from lifting the bike up, although it does have an audible motion sensor alarm.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes, that's what it's designed for, although I'm sure it could fit in a few other places as well
While that may work, I believe the intended use is to clamp over the entire rotor and the pin in the lock just keeps the lock on the rotor. If you're putting the pin through a rotor hole it's putting more of the lock out from the rotor and exposing it more for someone to try and break it off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts