Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike is brand new, it only has 53 miles on it. But if this weather keeps up I don't think I'll be riding it soon. So I'm gonna take the insurance off and save a few hundred bucks. It will be stored in a garage where the temp won't get below freezing. I can start it up whenever I want (if needed). The only thing I know is to remove the battery and charge it every couple of weeks. And I think I read that I should top off the gas. What else do I do? Oh yeah, it will probably be back on the road late Feb/early March. So no more than 4 months.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Keep it on stands, or at least have your tires on a piece of wood or something. Just not on cold concrete. You won't need to remove the battery as long as you start up the bike like once or twice a month. Toping off the gas will keep it fine for a long while. That's what I did last winter, and it started right up.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
There is a sticky in the Maintenance section called "Storage." That has everything you should need.. There is also another link somewhere that has a really good writeup on storing the bikes that I am trying to find. It was on here somewhere, but I searched and couldnt find it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts