Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for those that are not fortunate enough to ride all year due to that horrible thing called snow. My question is what does everyone do to store there bikes?

Other then the obvious disconnecting/removal of the battery and fuel stabilizer, what else? Rear stand...front & rear stands...over inflate the tires..nothing? How about a cover?...even if it's stored inside?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
If my graffiti doesn't sell before the snow hits... My bike will go into a heated storage center so it never has to experience a shiver HAHA. It will have the rear and front stands with it.

Everything else I will leave to the storage place since they take care of it. BUT... hopefully my bike sells so it doesn't have to go through it at all!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Take two leaves out of the dining room table and put the wife's 600rr and my 636 track bike on stands in the dining room. The ZRX can tough it out in the garage. I'll still ride it some throughout the winter.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Take two leaves out of the dining room table and put the wife's 600rr and my 636 track bike on stands in the dining room. The ZRX can tough it out in the garage. I'll still ride it some throughout the winter.
If I rode during the winter... I would most likely die HAHAHAHA. I love how you bring the bikes inside though :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Take two leaves out of the dining room table and put the wife's 600rr and my 636 track bike on stands in the dining room.
You have me pondering which is more of a hassle: flushing the cooling system with antifreeze or draining the gas. I wouldn't want the gas in the house.

·
Registered
753 Posts
You have me pondering which is more of a hassle: flushing the cooling system with antifreeze or draining the gas. I wouldn't want the gas in the house.
Either would take about the same amount of time. The main reason to bring it inside is so I can do some suspension and other mods on boring winter days without freezing my ass off. Just the fact that my wife suggested it makes me a lucky man indeed:toothy4:

·
Registered
857 Posts
at times like this i always like to point out that here in houston i have never had to store my bikes. ha ha.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What about if you don't have front and rear stands? I have two bikes to store and only one rear stand that i'm building. I have a buddy who just over inflates the tires to help the tires keep there shape. Does anyone else do that? I wish i had the money to have front and rear stands for the bikes but we have a baby on the way and money is tight. thanks

·
Registered
882 Posts
What about if you don't have front and rear stands? I have two bikes to store and only one rear stand that i'm building. I have a buddy who just over inflates the tires to help the tires keep there shape. Does anyone else do that? I wish i had the money to have front and rear stands for the bikes but we have a baby on the way and money is tight. thanks
i would just move the wheels once every week...or more often if you feel like you need to. you don't have to move the BIKE, just rotate the wheels as best you can, keep it from sitting still on exactly the same point the whole time it's in storage. or put some carpet or old rags underneath to take some preesure off the tires' surface...i would still rotate though, even with the carpet.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks...I might try to built two stands so at least the rear tires are off the ground.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts