Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a link my little brother gave me from a SRT-4 board.
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163472

Heres the story of my interesting Saterday night.

There are some guys in my area who have nice cars and want to get a club started, myself included. Cars like 350's, STI's, SRT 4, EVO 8. My friend and I decide to call everyone we know with nice cars and invite them all to meet. 9 pm we meet up at starbucks. It was a last minute idea so only 3 SRTs, a STI, and a 350 can make it. We decide to cruse the main strip in town to show off a little then we were going to go hang out and get to know each other. We crused through town and stoped in a Lowes parking lot to decide what we were going to do for the night.

As were hanging out behind our cars a guy on a street bike drives through the parking lot and does a little wheelie. One of the guys in our group yells out "Do another wheelie", but in a mocking manner. A couple minutes later the guy comes by again and does a wheelie going across the front of our cars. He droped back to 2 wheels late and locked his brakes and fish tailed his bike almost running straight into the front of lowes. He left in a hurry. We figured he was embarrased and had to go remove the **** from his shorts. My buddys and I went back to talking for about ten minutes before we heard the bike reving again. This time hes doing a wheelie across the parking lot headed straight for our cars, more specifically MY CAR. First the comments start out like "what is he doing heading for our cars" as he got closer it turned into "he'd better put it down and turn". We all know the moment he had passed the point of no return. He was still doing a wheelie at high speeds while were all thinking even if he lands it know there isnt the stoping distance and if he trys to make a turn to miss our cars hes going to lay the bike down. At that point the comments turn into "WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING!!!"

About 20 feet infront of my car he decides to put it back on 2 wheels. When he slammed the brakes and realize he couldnt stop in time he paniced and started pumping his breaks. Which is the wrong thing to do on a bike. But it worked in my best intrest when he fish tailed it kick his bike from in front of my car to being in front of a brand new STI. The guy flipped over his handle bars and was pancaked between his bike and the STI. Only 4 feet from my car. I called 911 while I was driving my car from the area. I knew how the cops were going to treat us, 5 imports and a street bike accadent in a big parking lot. So ofter running back to the scene I get the guy is lying on the ground and I hear my friend ask the guy what he was doing driving at our cars. The guys respose...in an upset voice..."THIS IS YOUR GUYS FAULT, YOU TOLD ME TO DO A WHEELIE!" To which my friend replied "No one said to run into our ******* cars!" While talking to to guy while we were waiting for the police we found out he had is bike 3 months, Suziki 750. He only had liablikty because he figured if he ever wrecked it he would be dead.

Now the cops show up. Arrggghhh. A crowd of about 30 had show up by this time, 10 of which was my group. The cops kick myfriends and myself out of the area. Everyone else was allowed to stay that had nothing to do with it (all the lookie lou's) but the eye witnesses all had to leave. They were nice about it. "Get out of you are" "Your stinking up my air and I dont want to smell you" "Im not gonna tell you twice to get your ass out of here" and a few similar comments. Mind you only the car people were treated this way. My friend whos STI was hit and the guy on the bike were both questioned about what happend. The guy on the bike said he was driving over to check out our cars and lost control. My friend said he didnt see what happend he had is back to the bike and heard the crash but we didnt know the guy. Which non of us did. The cops didnt believe that, they insist we were ******* around with the bike guy in the parking lot. When the cops kicked us out we went across the street to starbucks to wait on our friend to finish out the police report. When the cops realized we were the only witnesses the wanted up to go back to them, we said no. They had to come to us after treating us like they did. Once the mess was cleaned up they brought in enough squad cars to match what we had and they sat in the parking lot waiting for us to leave. They wanted to harass us as soon as we put our cars on the street. It became a stand off. We waited for two hours. Slowly the cops got called one by one to go deal with another call. When it got down to one cop left we all split up and took off. No one got caugth leaving.

It just sucks. We were hanging out having a good time and doing nothing wrong and becasue of some dumb ass, which we dont know, one of our cars has been wrecked and were marked by the cops as trouble makers in our town now. I hate cops. I wrote to much to proof read. Sorry about my errors.

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
Thats the way it usually goes. When you aren't doing anything wrong you get harassed or in trouble. Kindof a Karma thing if you think about all of the stuff you shouldn't have done while in your car or on your bike. I don't mind good cops, its the dicks with badges that really piss me off.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
That guy sounds like a total tool!! :) What an idiot! How bad was your friends car?

Its all cool hanging out and having a good time but in the cops defense they deal with stupid **** all the time. I would be stressed too. Glad i am not one. Just so happened you guys were not that way. I am right with you though and would be pissed if it had happened to me. They should not be on the defensive right of the bat. Not like they felt a threat in anyway. And the bs name calling and stuff is not the way for them to gain the respect they want. It is bad when they think they have to hang out waiting for you guys to leave.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
haha, "you told me to wheelie" if he was like me, he woulda been wheelieing a lot since every kid out there wants to see that happen....shoulda just forgot it and left...what a jackass he was

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
that guys is an ass hat as far as the police oh what can i say
put yourself in their shoes you get called to deal with an ass hat
on a bike and guys with their import cars how would you approcah that
would you be excited and happy or in a pissy mood

·
Registered
912 Posts
put yourself in their shoes you get called to deal with an ass hat on a bike and guys with their import cars how would you approcah that would you be excited and happy or in a pissy mood
Well, they should be happy, seeing how they were asked to do nothing more than their job...

If you don't like your job and you're pissy all the time, quit. Find something you enjoy doing. That's why we pay their salaries. If doing your job makes you so miserable that you have to take it out on other people, I feel sorry for you. Especially a police officer, seeing how they have more power / control than civilians.

H

·
0 Posts
dude i know the feeling about the police and dumbass riders..

around here if i am cruising and some clown flies past me on a bike and then past a speed check, the cop will pull out and grab me because i am the slower one.. and then the cop will insist that i know who the other guy was.. in the end i know of ppl that have had to go to court over things like that...

it sucks, but we all get grouped together.. imports, bike.. there is nothing we can do about it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts