Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been wanting to get a bike since I was 18 (6 years ago). Now I finally have one. I took the MSF class 2 weeks ago at a local community college. It was pretty easy. The only thing I couldn't do was make the damn figure 8 without going 1 foot outside the box. I ended up passing the class first out of 10 riders. I got the completion certificate in the mail last Thursday, which was a pleasant surprise since I wasn't expecting it for another 2 weeks. The instructors said it would take 3 weeks to get it. In my uncontrollable excitement, I went to the DMV to get my M endorsement. The clerk was pretty interested in getting a motorcycle too so I chatted it up with him about the MSF class. I had to take another test (on motorcycle laws, which I passed) and then I got my license.

On the way home, I decided to stop by the dealer to check out some bikes. I've been researching the hell out of bikes for the last month, and I either wanted a triumph daytona 600, yamaha r6 or a honda 600rr. The Triumph felt really big and bulky but the price was right at $7300 OTD for a new 2004. The yamaha and honda were around $9000 OTD. But anyways, I ended up taking home a silver/black 600rr that same day. I put around 60 miles on it the first day, and now I'm at 140 miles after my third ride. It is sweet. I also got a red arai hayden replica, dainese tt2 boots, frank thomas air rage gloves, and I'm waiting on my a* tz-1 jacket. I'm trying not to ride until the jacket comes in, but it's too hard!

PICTURES!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the reminder works fine! Hopefully the lock will be enough to deter any vandals.

I use an Olympus E-1. It's an awesome camera.

C

·
0 Posts
Those pics make me consider the silver when the insurance money comes in. Looks sweet.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The silver looks fantastic in person. Wasn't my first choice either...then i saw it. If you park it outside, your disc lock will be worthless. You'll have to chain it to something. Bikes are very easy to steal. However, when using the disc lock, put the "reminder cord" on the left side so you are more likely to see it. Welcome and ride safe.

·
Registered
912 Posts
congrats on the new purchase. The 600RR is a great bike...you're gonna love it. Welcome to the club. Ride safe bro

·
Registered
63 Posts
congratulations on the new bike. I was torn between the red and the silver also, but I ended up giong with the red. Those pics are making me wonder if I made the right decision.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You made the wrong choice!!!

Just kidding I'm just giving you a hard time. I decided the red accents on the silver was enough red for me.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
GET FRAME SLIDERS AND FULL COVERAGE NOW!!!.

<<<<<<Tiny is sooo jealous.

hey corleone, get a gixxer 1000. i was able to sit on it last weekend and i felt like busting a nut. that thing is small!!!! I might consider it as my next bike.

·
Registered
893 Posts
everyone west of the nile has those new gixxers...

nice bike btw, i like that silver..

really all the color schemes for 05 look good imo

1 - 20 of 41 Posts