Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a couple guys on here where in their mod list they say they have a straight pipe exhaust.

What does this consist of??
Like do you have a can on it?
Where is it cut???
Doesn't it leave a big ugly void where the tail light and tag brackets are???

How does this sound?? Is a raw or sucky???
Let me know. Please and THANKS!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I've seen a couple guys on here where in their mod list they say they have a straight pipe exhaust.

What does this consist of??
Like do you have a can on it?
Where is it cut???
Doesn't it leave a big ugly void where the tail light and tag brackets are???

How does this sound?? Is a raw or sucky???
Let me know. Please and THANKS!
where the tail light and tag brackets are... :icon_lol: ......... this thread has the potential to be "like" quite .... :supergay:..... go figure SiXHundoRR started it... hahahhah

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
A 'straight pipe' is literally a straight pipe. Cut off your muffler, weld on some tubing and your done. Could also reference removing the cat, though I'm not really sure if these bikes have catalytic converters... anyway that's another definition, same principle as above.

All the aftermarket systems are basically glass packs, perforated tubing surrounded by fiberglass to absorb sound. I'm thinking cars though so I could be totally wrong.

·
Registered
177 Posts
moving on...

im prob doing this on sunday so ill post a pic. mine will be tucked between my lower fairing and my rear set. then ill prob end up glassing a panel where the exhaust used to be and making a larger "trunk" underneath the rear seat.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
not sure exactly what it refers to but I cut out my cat and put in a arrow pipe so my bike would breath a little easier...plus you drop like 6-7 lbs of weight = nice

·
Registered
165 Posts
easiest way to define straight pipe is just pipe from the header back its loud as f*ck but sounds AMAZING im just guessing but its highly illegal right ?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Yeah, its loud is an understatement.. it makes loud cry.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
moving on...

im prob doing this on sunday so ill post a pic. mine will be tucked between my lower fairing and my rear set. then ill prob end up glassing a panel where the exhaust used to be and making a larger "trunk" underneath the rear seat.
I hope you're joking.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think it would be sweet. My biggest problem with my rr is no room under my seat. My buddies slow gixxer has so much space I put my water bottle and my hat.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
straight pipes sound like garbage, and decrease the performance
That sounds like a direct quote from the dictionary under "straight pipe" . :icon_lol: I think that might be why the sound of a harley bothers me. .... they sound like s***.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts