Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 600rr, about 400 miles, and between 5K and about 6.5K in any gear there is a buzzing that comes from the area somewhere around the triple/ forks/ bars. Seems to be more on the left side. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions??

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Its your tank cowling. Take it off and put something like dynamat on the back on the indentation on the front of the tank cowl.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I used double sided tape. Put it right in front of the gas tank filler cap when the cowl is off. It took care of the problem. The dynamat should work also. Whatever works.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys- and 919 i know bikes make noise, but they dont have strange buzzing sounds that are only at certain revs.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
could be the gap between the windscreen and the front upper cowl that buzzes when the motor creates just the right frequency of vibration. just try pushing on or wigglin around different areas of the bike as ur riding and its makin that noise to pin point where its comin from. then either tighten up all the screws, wedge sumthin in there or use some tape like mentioned above^^

·
Registered
228 Posts
I gonna have to agree with the tank issue - I've got about 1200 miles on my '06 and I noticed the same thing... took it out the other day, got it to start buzzing, held it at that RPMs and pressed on the tank cover in the indention above the gas tank - bam! buzz gone - now I just gotta get some dynamat to go on it.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
jbadd99 said:
I gonna have to agree with the tank issue - I've got about 1200 miles on my '06 and I noticed the same thing... took it out the other day, got it to start buzzing, held it at that RPMs and pressed on the tank cover in the indention above the gas tank - bam! buzz gone - now I just gotta get some dynamat to go on it.
Same thing I did. I grabbed the smallest bit of Dynamat I could get (20 bucks for two 10inx10in sheets for 20 bucks. Anyone else in Philly who needs some Dynamat?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Resonate frequency....Lots of things happen at that rpm...just go faster :) My damper buzzes at that rpm...

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
yip, its the tank, get it off and stuff something under it!!! it is one of those annoying noises.. right on hiway speed,

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I did my tank last night. Be sure to do a search on how to remove the tank. The two panels that connect to the tank and front fairing are a pain in the ass to remove. I felt like I was going to snap them but they are made to bend. Putting them back on helps a lot. Be sure to have a razor blade handy to peel back some of the foam under the tank cover so you can put your padding on the underside of the indentation in the tank cover and cover it completely. The only hard part about putting the tank back on is making sure the gasket around the gas cap sits right. Just move the tank up and down slightly until it sits right.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'll be fixing the buzz tonight.........it drives me crazy! I hate when people say- motorcycles make noise....Harley's make noise...Jap bikes are precision built machines. It's 100% the tank cover b/c when you so much as touch a finger on the indentation, it stops. I'll get some weather stripping for sure. Anyone have a link to a good tank removal post? Johnny Candles you said the two panels are a pain in the ass...any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Remove the four visible bolts for the tank (two are under the seat). Reach down inside the front fairing and remove the plastic clips for the little panels (ram air covers I think is the correct name). Remove the screw from the front fairing that holds the panel in place. Reach to the front of the palen and push the front of it (near the headlights) down while lifting the middle. There is no screw or clip in the front. It's just a whole that fits on a peg in the front. One of the two tabs will pop out from the tank cover. Work the second out with just a little force so you don't break the tabs. Viola, you can now get the two remaining bolts off from the side of the tank cover. If you don't have a rear stand (like me) you'll have to turn the bars to the right and hold the bike up while you get that bolt free.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts