Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, dudes
I have this so called "problem" with 600RR '06 its on 3000 miles
when i startup the bike in the morning when its cold i have some strange noice from the engine, and when the bike is getting hot, this noise disappeared. The oil was changed 1 year ago. does somebody have a similar problem?

P.S. My sister's bike do the same thing! when its cold.
P.P.S. sry for bad english :icon_stud

·
Registered
291 Posts
You've had the same oil in there for a year?!!!! You def need to change the oil ASAP, it should be changed once every 6months, or every 2500 - 4000 miles depending on what type of oil you are running, and how many miles you actually ride in stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You've had the same oil in there for a year?!!!! You def need to change the oil ASAP, it should be changed once every 6months, or every 2500 - 4000 miles depending on what type of oil you are running, and how many miles you actually ride in stop and go traffic.
for this year the bike was riden only 4 months, but not in stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
What is the oil weight? 10w-50? 10w-40?

Does it sound like a car lifter tapping on the right side of the bike?

Does it go away on cold starts when you rev the throttle slightly?

K

·
0 Posts
What is the oil weight? 10w-50? 10w-40?

Does it sound like a car lifter tapping on the right side of the bike?

Does it go away on cold starts when you rev the throttle slightly?
that's my guess as well based on his description. too high a viscosity oil. change it out, use a 10w30 or 10w40

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think that it's 10W40 (right now there is winter here and the temperature is so cold, i mean -10 Celsius) and i don't ride the bike, the temperature in the summer season (when i will ride it) is between +25 +35 Celsius,
when i rev it, the noise dissapers.

maybe the problem is in oil viscosity, because when the weather is warm there is no noises.
Thanks!

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
^99.99% chance that it is the viscosity of the oil. Especially if it's Honda's 10w-40. Not all 40w oils have the same viscosity. I'd suggest going with a 10w-30 weight oil for the winter months.

But whatever you do don't allow it to tick at startup. That's most likely your CCT (Cam Chain Tensioner) running dry at startup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts