Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I recently took my CBR to the shop to get my oil changed (I was lazy - sue me. lol).

I don't know if it's related, but after that, I get an odd sensation (this may be in my head) that when cornering to the left, my back tire is like sliding/moving to the right subtley.

Now to avoid a highside I decelerate. I don't seem to experience this when cornering to the right.

I don't know if it's in my head and I'm doing something with the bike which is making this feeling happen.

It's making me not enjoy my bike and especially not cornering at anything but slow speeds right now.

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? Is it possible for a tire to be lopsided or something and slip a bit to one side? Help please! :tard:

·
Registered
939 Posts
This could be down to tyre wear. Perhaps you need a new rear tyre?

In comparison, worn or new tyres alter the feeling at turn-in quite abit....

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Decelerating in a turn will always cause a weird feeling, you are fighting the bike's natural physics by doing that. I think it is in your head, I've felt this same thing too, and just realized it's the feeling of dual compound tires switching from hard to softer compound. What tires are you using?

·
Registered
579 Posts
You can do an oil change on an 07-08 in roughly 10 mins!

Your tires will slip and regrip a little as you get to the edge if you havent worn them in yet. Asphalt conditions play another role as does anything on the road. Rip it, Grip it... LEAN THAT BIZITCH. More likely than not its in your head.

One last thing, the last thing you do in a slip is cut the gas... THAT causes a highside when it catches again. Better to spin up and lowside it then to chop the throttle...quit it before it bites you.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Also, check your rear axle alignment. It might me off just a hair to the right causing the tire to wear wrong and thus a double negative affect while cornering.

·
Registered
532 Posts
or maybe the shop spilled a bit of oil on that side of the tire orr sometimes if you rear brake too hard and skid it afterward you get a feeling that your tire is squemish but its actually not or what they all said ^

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: I think it was all in my head. I did some sharp corners last night. It's amazing how motorcycles respond to the subtlest of efforts - almost like it reads your mind. So if you overthink something and get nervous you can really imagine things and they seem to happen. LOL does that make sense??

I guess the best advice for motorcyclists is to relax.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts