Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I searched alot about the issue before I posted here, but couldn't find anything..

simply, I have a new 100% stock 08 bike, started from 0 miles and now arrownd 250 miles I'm geting more familiar with the bike and feel much more from it..

what sounds strange to me is that low pitch whistling sound, or more like a sharp horn sound from the front, not strong, I can barely hear it, is comes at arround 5200RMP and goes away after that in about any gear, but can't hear it in 5th and 6th due to wind noise, so it is not so bad, but I still can hear somethig.

is it normal sound coming from the air sucktion throught the ram air?

and the other thing, when let's say in 2nd gear, I ride slow in a small road and keep the speed constant at 3000-3200RPM the exuast makes sort of pulsing sound, idles perfectly and any RMP above is OK, only pulsing sound, no jerking and no abonormalities in engine output,
is it just resonance at that RPM? anybody with stock bike has the same issues?

thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
you guys don't listen to your bikes while you ride 'em?!

to be more specific, that suction sound or noise or whatever comes when I slightly decelarate, or keep the speed constant at 5k-6k,

the pulsing is most noticeable at 3k in 2nd gear with constant speed, is just normal resonance?

I just hit the 600miles yesterday and changed the oil, I hit 13K RPM and everything is good, so I don't suspect anything wrong with the fuel pump or any part of the fuel system.

·
Registered
420 Posts
is it normal sound coming from the air sucktion throught the ram air?
Of course it is suppose to make a sucking sound, that's the engine pulling in air.

Your bike has 250 miles on it, trust me the sounds are normal.

D

·
0 Posts
Also, that ignition cut sounding noise at 3,000RPM comes in any gear. It's just a characteristic with the engine and exhaust, just like the high bitched buzzing exhaust note at 7,000RPM.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whalenr2,

what do you mean by it has only 250 miles? it will make more sounds so I won't be able to hear this one later ? :ponder:

Demented,

yes this is true, it buzzes at 6-7K RPM, I even feel the vibration in the handle bar when reaches 6K.

so simply, all I have to do is to leave with it..

well, thanks for the replies, I was worried that I bought a trouble maker which isn't under warrantee :tard:

cheers:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts