Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every once in a while pretty much since the bike was new I get a smell on startup, or sometimes parking that's like a sweet burning smell that I've never smelled before from a vehicle, so I dunno what it could be. It's like if you burnt some molasses or tree sap or something...I swear it makes me hungry! Anyways didn't find much from the search, dunno if anyone else has experienced this!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What the smell is? :icon_lol:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I got another idea where I'ma upload it :icon_butt thanks guys for the help :icon_roll I guess my bike will just keep smelling like Mcgriddles.

D

·
0 Posts
Start the bike up and try and pin point which area of the bike the smell is coming from. Might be some very weird gas...or maybe there's molasses on your headers?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
That smell you're referring to is burning radiator fluid.

·
Registered
841 Posts
it is the smell of oppression by our riding-crazed addiction to foreign oil. that sweet nectar of fossilized creatures past

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
antifreeze. without a doubt. look for a very slight leak coming from a slightly loose hose clamp on one of he coolant hoses. It will only drip a little when hot. drips on the motor and burns enough to get the smell. It is probalby coming from around the tstat area.

·
fall down 7times get up 8
1,479 Posts
coolant smells sweet

·
fall down 7times get up 8
1,479 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Huh, strange that @$&* smells like ass out of the bottle. Anyways I switched to water wetter a month ago, it might not have happened since.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you switched to non etyly-glycol coolant and the smell went away you have a coolant leak somewhere - possibly only when the bike is cold - gonna need to find it, cause ya the burning anti-freeze bit always makes me hungry too....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts