Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 with 15k miles.. i run mobil1 oil and not sure if the radiator has been flushed... but i randomly started seeing my Temp climb when im on the interstate... after about 10 miles the temp will go from 175, 185,195,205... then i pulled off to let it cool.. i thought it was a fluke because it was so hot that day. but then it did it again yesterday (bout 90 degrees) it doesn't seem to have any other heating issues except for longer periods on the interstate???

im going to flush the antifreeze and see if that helps.. just thought i would see if anyone has had a similar problem??

any advise is welcome
TIA

K

·
0 Posts
no, but with 15000 miles on it, and an unknown exchange date... absolutely change it.

but 205*F isn't anything to get worked up about. 175 is LOW.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
You do not need to freak out unti you see the Red light on the dash
which is when temp reaches 245 F & up

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
I only see 175 when im on the freeway when its 30 degrees out haha

·
Registered
224 Posts
I thought jumps in the temp gauge from 200 to 220 (while riding on the expressway, on a 90 degree day) was something to worry about. The highest it got to on that day was 230 and I almost crapped my pants. I wanted to pull over and start fanning old girl. I guess it was not that bad afterall, huh? Nevertheless, I will be doing a flush this weekend. Thanks KS and Moeman, C6r

1 - 6 of 6 Posts