Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys
Im a little concerned with my bike at the moment. She is a 600RR 05 Model and when coming to a stop sometimes, just before I come to a dead stop I get a strange vibration coming up thru the clip on's as if the wheel is shuddering. This only happens from time to time but latley it happens more often now. I have checked for free play in the head bearing's by doing the push and pull test on the front of the bike but it's all good. Brake pads are still good with alot of pad still left. Front Tyre is correctly inflated and in good nick too.

Any ideas on this ? Im too scared to ride her now cause it might be something serious and I could end up kissing the tar

·
Registered
364 Posts
I get this too. I even took mine in to the shop for it. they couldnt find anything wrong. I also notice a small looseness when I am walking the bike and tap the front brake. I think it is related.

I have a feeling its is due to the floating type brake pads.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The weird thing is sometimes it's happened under normal braking conditions too. It has me very worried now, Im worried that the previous owner might have been wheelie MAD, could something like this be caused by excesive wheelies maybe ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
on a brand new 06 model too...... dam now im really confused.
Could it be the "type" or "make" of brake pads we are using that could be causing the shuddering ???

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that is one idea, let me know once you have upgraded ur lines if it made a diffrence.
The good news derived from this post is.... that I can ride her again. Was too scared to ride her incase it caused more damage later on but this seems to be a common issue amongst the honda owners and riders.

So as they say only time will tell I guess

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
i had this issue before on my new 06 when i got it. only reason i can find is that your brake rotors and pads are still cold when this vibration happens. to solve the problem, when you first start riding (first 2 minutes or so) always warm up your front and rear brakes by applying the both brakes slowly and continuously (when you're breaking at a stop or intersection). this warms up the rotors and pads and seems to remedy that problem.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I say its the brake pads themselves, gripping the disc then slipping. I had this happen when I changed brands on my old bike.

·
TurtlesScout
775 Posts
i have the same exact problem but i felt it on mine and my friends so i think its not a biggie

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
Its prolly your suspension, even tires can cause vibrations that feel like a warped rotor.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
i had this issue before on my new 06 when i got it. only reason i can find is that your brake rotors and pads are still cold when this vibration happens. to solve the problem, when you first start riding (first 2 minutes or so) always warm up your front and rear brakes by applying the both brakes slowly and continuously (when you're breaking at a stop or intersection). this warms up the rotors and pads and seems to remedy that problem.
it could be that they are cold...thanks ill have to see if it only happens when cold.

·
Registered
333 Posts
If there was a problem im sure there'd be a recall as 99% do it, mine and 2 of my mates rr's also

·
Registered
229 Posts
My 06 does this too...cold and hot. It happened the other day going down steep hill, kinda worried me a bit, but seemed to be ok the rest of the day.
I am switching the lines and pads this weekend, hopefully it fixes the issue...will let you know!

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Has anyone try hard braking with the clutch disengage?
I only notice this under hard braking with the clutch engage.
where the RPM doesn't match the wheel speed causing wheel hoop.

I don't get this front end chatter anymore After tweaking the suspension and
down shafting correctly to match wheel speed with engine RPM Under hard braking.

·
Registered
613 Posts
The clutch on these things is a little rattley and much of the bike's weight and stress is prone to the front, particularly under brakes. You are feeling the engine vibrations through the bars. Pull the clutch in and you should notice it a little less.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts