·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my re-build...

Right Side Fiberglass Street Fairings w/ Uretane Primer

Left Side Fiberglass Street Fairings w/ Uretane Primer

Flush Mount LED Turn Signals on Fiberglass Street Fairings

Headers, Exhaust Pipe and Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator painted with Black High Heat Paint

Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator painted with Black High Heat Paint

Smoked LED Integrated Taillight & Carbon Fiber Rear Muffler Cover

Exhaust Pipe painted with High Heat Paint & Carbon Fiber Rear Muffler Cover Installed

PIAA Xtreme White Plus H7 Bulbs

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Looks like your off to a good start dude. I wouldn't do the colored bulbs (HID if you want somthing brighter). More deets on what led up to the rebuild...

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
where did you get that CF pipe tip? and how much was it? any and all info wolud be greatly appreciated, thanks. btw, the build is looking good.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The paint that i used is called High Heat with Ceramic. Made By Dupli-Color it withstands up to 1200 Degrees Fahrenheit.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright well heres an update:

DO NOT use high temp header paint on your headers or exhaust. i tried it many different ways and the headers just get way too hot for it. first i tried sanding the pipe and cleaning it with water and alcohol. bad idea. second time around yielded better results put still cracking and bubbling occured. that time i soaked the parts in degreaser as suggested and still no luck. too much work. just go buy a full system or slip-on. save yourself the trouble.

DO NOT buy pit-eck fiberglass parts if you want a nice fit. on the plus side he did happily return my money but it took a few weeks of waiting. i recommend their parts for track bikes. very cheap, as stated throughout this forum.... u get what u pay for.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heres what she looks like now. it was a cloudy day but its now part pearl orange and part graffitti. i found some colored graffitti decals on this forum to match the new pearl orange parts. those are next on my list.

·
Registered
428 Posts
gonna be sweet with those new graphics =)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here are some moe pics. i'll be adding on the orange graffiti graphics and pearl orange front fender these next couple weeks. let me know what u think. probably will get rid of those mirrors too and throw on some block off plates.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts