Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Here is a lap of me and my cbr600rr @ streets of willow.

Enjoy.

:popcorn:

in case any of you are interested, this is what i have as far as track related mods and stuff.

- akrapovic exhaust
- Galfer SB lines
- RBF 600 brake fluid
- Distilled water/water wetter
- vortex rear sets (love these)
- EBC HH brake pads ( these are ok, better than stock but just ok)
- Bridgestone S20 tires (awesome tires for street/track. lasted about 5 track days on rear and probably about 8-9 track days on front) (B+/A track pace... not good for A+ pace)

·
Registered
315 Posts
wow that was fast lol i cant help but ask is that track pavement really rough? seems like there are a lot of cracks and rough patches from what i can see in the video. didn't seem to bother you though

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
:+1: you're killing it bro!
The track surface looks pretty sketchy though..

Reactions: Swiss Cheese

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pavement is really rough, there are cracks all over the place. It doesn't inspire confidence, but it really helps with throttle control and getting a comfortable body position. I got used to 'most' of the cracks and embrace their challenge

wow that was fast lol i cant help but ask is that track pavement really rough? seems like there are a lot of cracks and rough patches from what i can see in the video. didn't seem to bother you though

·
Registered
315 Posts
Pavement is really rough, there are cracks all over the place. It doesn't inspire confidence, but it really helps with throttle control and getting a comfortable body position. I got used to 'most' of the cracks and embrace their challenge
thats crazy! i thought it looked a little sketchy haha well nice dude it really didn't seem to affect your pace all that much. nice lap man!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice lap! I spend plenty of time at Streets of Willow and you're hitting the important turning points and apexes very well. Good job in the bowl! I'll be there next Friday at motoyard's track day and sat and Sunday racing motowest gp. If you'll be there we should meet up and exchange notes and experiences.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
So you're running a 1:30ish lap time?

I didn't hear noise because I'm at work but it looks pretty good. I've been there twice and the fastest I've ran is a 1:41 making huge gains. I was on pace for at least a 1:35 or at least that's what I like to think(crashed 4th session, still getting a feel for the rough spots and stuff) but that ended after my crash. I was a head case. Plus, I now see that I'm getting crossed up, so next track day I'm just gonna work on my body position. Here's a video of me at SOW and then the crash.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks man. I wish i was going to motoyards track day and motowest gp. I've been meaning to try the RWYB race. Maybe next year i'll try to get a racing license to do that. What color and bike you got. I might be doing some track days later this year maybe in august/september time frame.

Nice lap! I spend plenty of time at Streets of Willow and you're hitting the important turning points and apexes very well. Good job in the bowl! I'll be there next Friday at motoyard's track day and sat and Sunday racing motowest gp. If you'll be there we should meet up and exchange notes and experiences.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
knarly crash, i hope you are ok. I think in order to get a good pace and have fun, you have to be comfortable. I took keith code's CSS class and my instructor told me i was trying to hard to hang off, and when i started hanging off less, i felt more comfortable and gained confidence. This helped me spend more thoughts on picking brake points, turn points, and hitting apexes... which are huge especially in this tight streets of willow course. So i think as long as your comfortable it will help a lot.

So you're running a 1:30ish lap time?

I didn't hear noise because I'm at work but it looks pretty good. I've been there twice and the fastest I've ran is a 1:41 making huge gains. I was on pace for at least a 1:35 or at least that's what I like to think(crashed 4th session, still getting a feel for the rough spots and stuff) but that ended after my crash. I was a head case. Plus, I now see that I'm getting crossed up, so next track day I'm just gonna work on my body position. Here's a video of me at SOW and then the crash.

http://youtu.be/zMq1Py_Yy9I

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
knarly crash, i hope you are ok. I think in order to get a good pace and have fun, you have to be comfortable. I took keith code's CSS class and my instructor told me i was trying to hard to hang off, and when i started hanging off less, i felt more comfortable and gained confidence. This helped me spend more thoughts on picking brake points, turn points, and hitting apexes... which are huge especially in this tight streets of willow course. So i think as long as your comfortable it will help a lot.

Yeah, I was comfortable having fun out there until this happened. Then I was mad, but it's okay. I'm glad I have everything on video. I can learn from my mistakes so I'm satisfied. In my eyes, crash or not, that was a successful day. The biggest key factor is that I know why I crashed, so therefore I can improve. I won't go to superbike school until I'm at the point where I'm no longer seeing gains, but I wanna be able to get around SOW in under 1:23ish as well as chuckwalla CCW in under 1:55 before I take a school. But we shall see!

And yeah, I'm fine. When finally came over, they helped me pick up the bike and said "do you think it'll start?" I said "of course, it's a honda." Started right up and I rode it in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts