Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright i hate to do this seeing as so many people have had good experiences with him so far on this site but i have had a horrible experience.

He did a labor day group buy located here http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=385905

during which i was inquiring about getting a seat made. i received a pm saying there was a set of core seats available so i would not have to ship mine in yet till after and to place my order. Expected lead time was 2 weeks as seen in the labor day group buy thread. I also placed my order at this time on 8/31/13.

I sent a pm on 9/21 and 9/25 trying to see how the seats were going since it had been two weeks already. Both of these went unanswered.

finally on 10/16 he replied in his other thread located here post #469
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=308154&page=16

everyone who purchased during the labor day sale, your seats are all shipped now. expect them Friday or Monday.
I never received mine on friday 10/18 or monday 10/21 so i sent another pm asking for a tracking number i could check. which he replied he would check his paperwork at his shop.

which i then got this reply stating there was no tracking number matching my city and he would look again. otherwise get a new set out tomorrow 10/25.

so i sent a msg containing my address again just to make sure he has it correct

me double checking that i would be receiving seats since he said he would make a new one right away and already got it out

his reply stating he should have them out 10/28 or 10/29 now.

i asked for tracking number on 10/28 to verify that these are coming/delivery to which i never got one

and my last msg on 11/3 to again ask if these got shipped which i have not heard back even though he has been on.

As of this posting i still have not received any seats. it has now been 9 weeks since this sale ended on labor day. I still want the seats if they are ever coming as people say how great they are, otherwise i just would like a full refund.

I am in no sense talking down on the product just lack of communication that has occurred during this entire transaction through which i have tried to be patient but with others having gotten their seats i dont understand why i have not. :banghead:

EDIT: 11/8
Well I finally got a MSG last night saying they are done and ready to be shipped. I am glad he followed through. Hopefully will receive them early next week.

which puts it at 10 weeks since I ordered. I think communication could have been a lot better and there would have never been this issue.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Sent him my seats for him to cover and add additional foam / gel foam. Total time was about 4 weeks, 2 of which were from shipping back and forth. Great work and in my experience, the communication was OK. Always room for improvement, but it was OK for me. Maybe I'm a little older than most on here and don't expect everything to be instant. Could be a southern thing also. :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
my seats are great too. comunication is poor. i think he makes them him self by hand give him a break hes trying it seems hes not trying to rip u off.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I understand he makes them by hand and I have waited patiently. I waited 9 weeks patiently before making this post. I didn't expect them to be done in a day but I should be able to expect mine the same time as the others in the group buy got theirs (Spd freak even had to send his seat in and has his already)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I guess I will echo most people's sentiments. I bought seats from him and I absolutely love them. However they took MUCH longer than anticipated. I was more than patient but his communications were pretty bad.

But in the end I got the seats, they are a great product, and the price was what we agreed on.

What I had to keep reminding myself was that Wade was doing this as a side business, and I wasn't dealing with Saddleman or Corbin. They are custom done seats that he is doing outside of regular business hours. He can't sit around waiting on messages to respond to while working his day job (although he could be a lot better - people are shelling out pretty good money for these).

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I finally got a MSG last night saying they are done and ready to be shipped. I am glad he followed through. Hopefully will receive them early next week.

which puts it at 10 weeks since I ordered. I think communication could have been a lot better and there would have never been this issue.

I will update the original post also.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Well I finally got a MSG last night saying they are done and ready to be shipped. I am glad he followed through.
Isn't this the third time you've been told they are done and ready to be shipped? Did you get a tracking number this time?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I will say that my finished seats look great. Communication was very poor (not sure if I had a single PM replied to). It did say 2 weeks or potentially longer in the labor day thread. However, I read some of the other threads and saw it was taking longer for other members so I anticipated the long wait. Plus, my bike is in pieces so it didn't matter to me either way.

I can understand though why you would be frustrated and there is no excuse for not responding to PM's in a timely manner. It takes 5 minutes to log on to the forum and type up a response.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Isn't this the third time you've been told they are done and ready to be shipped? Did you get a tracking number this time?
Yes third time. This time I actually got pictures of said seats. I'm going to ask for one, either way I should receive them next week or there will be another post.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I PMed two inquiries, during the labor day sale and before that as well. I got a response to both my first messages (which were courteous and timely), but never got a response to any subsequent ones so I just gave up. Poor communication costs money, if you start a business you have to be able to answer to your customers who paid for products, the OP waited for very very long. Hope you get your seats ASAP OP. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I PMed two inquiries, during the labor day sale and before that as well. I got a response to both my first messages (which were courteous and timely), but never got a response to any subsequent ones so I just gave up. Poor communication costs money, if you start a business you have to be able to answer to your customers who paid for products, the OP waited for very very long. Hope you get your seats ASAP OP. Keep us posted.
Yup, same thing with me, when I was asking about ordering I got a quick responses for two days but ever since I placed the order on October 17th when he said it'd be two weeks, I've not heard a thing. I PMed him on November 4th just asking how things were going and if he had any timeline updates with no response and I see he's definitely been on here since so I PMed again on the 9th, still nothing.

I'm assuming all is well, but I sent $250 for the front and rear full boat seats and would expect some sort of communication at least stating he's behind, on schedule or something to let me know he is at least acknowledging my order besides receiving my money.

Mike

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.