Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Stripped one of the hex screws on the fairing..

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Knightslugger 
#1 ·
So i stripped one of the hex screws trying to take out the fairing and was wondering how to take out the screw without damaging the fairing. r there any special tools i can buy at home depot or ne auto parts? please help me out guys. thanx!

#4 ·
Just a little fairing panel, get a small flathead screwdriver, jam it in to the stripped hole and twist, easy peasy....

If that doesnt work, get a dremmel with a small cutting disk and slice a nice cut in to whats left of the head, then use a flathead and its a done deal.

I am really surprised you even posted this, you sure its just a fairing panel?

#8 ·
Are you talking about the head of the bolt or the thread?

Which bolt is it? If it is the single one between the three bolts on the front of the side fairing and the large 1/4 turn bolt, it is threaded into a rubber grommet with a threaded insert. When I had to remove my fairings, both grommets had rotated out of the holes they were in and it seems like the bolt is stripped.

#9 ·
I have a similar problem, i used to much thread lock on my fairings and it led to the whole threaded gromet turning in place so i just keep turning and turning with out loosening. any tips on that? im thinking drilling it out. gotta get all new hardware too. lame! like $40 from the dealer for enough for the fairings, lame... and i used to much thread lock so it got on my fairings just a smudge and ate at the plastic just a hair round the bolt. oh well, i know better next time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.