Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to remove the right side engine bolt to install my frame sliders but having a really hard time taking it out. Any tips on removing it?

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I believe they are set at around 40 lb-ft, which isn't a lot, however time and heat can cause some amount of seizing. Are you using something with a decent amount of leverage, like a 1/2" drive ratchet? If you're using a 3/8" it may be too short to get enough force through.

Maybe also try right after a 20 minute ride; the heat from the engine and frame may help the bolt let go.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe they are set at around 40 lb-ft, which isn't a lot, however time and heat can cause some amount of seizing. Are you using something with a decent amount of leverage, like a 1/2" drive ratchet? If you're using a 3/8" it may be too short to get enough force through.

Maybe also try right after a 20 minute ride; the heat from the engine and frame may help the bolt let go.
Went for a quick drive and saw something online about heating it up with a blow torch :gun1:I was hesitant at first but it worked well and with the help of a buddy I got it off!! Definitely more of a paint in the rear than it should have.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Also depend on the other 2 bolts. Supporting the engine can help. Like a car jack and some wood or cardboard under the headers or sump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts