Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I have a 05 cbr600rr went for a ride earlier today everything was good ran just fine. Bike sat for about 20 mins (ish) started like normal, went to shift down into 1st from neutral and nothing won’t shift into any gear. I tried rolling it forwards/backwards a few times still nothing. Checked over the clutch cable isn’t loose or anything. Has anyone had this problem before? Ideas on what I need to do/ look into?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Has it been down recently? Pull out on the upper shift shaft and see how far it moves. If it’s more than a few mm you need to replace your shiftshaft keeper.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Alright guys I have a 05 cbr600rr went for a ride earlier today everything was good ran just fine. Bike sat for about 20 mins (ish) started like normal, went to shift down into 1st from neutral and nothing won’t shift into any gear. I tried rolling it forwards/backwards a few times still nothing. Checked over the clutch cable isn’t loose or anything. Has anyone had this problem before? Ideas on what I need to do/ look into?
Before you start pulling things apart, check to see if you have too much oil in the bike.

Sticking neutral is a CBR quirk, but it should just take a little roll of the bike to find 1st (or of you're moving it's often better to shift up to 2nd)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Sticking neutral is a CBR quirk
It’s a constant mesh transmission “quirk”, not just a CBR thing. If the motor is running, finding first from a standstill should be easy, if not, you need to find out why. If the engine is not running, yeah, moving the bike a bit should get it to drop in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was doing some research and found a video on YouTube the guy had the same issue so I checked it with mine and it now goes into gear. I pulled out on the shifter tie rod (not sure if that’s the proper name) and it worked. I read through the comments and a guy said it’s caused by a broken clip behind the clutch basket... is this true or what do you guys think?

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts