Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what would happen if someone randomly (being a douche) stuffed something down your exhaust? What would happen to the bike? How would you get it out?

The reason that I ask is because today, I started to smell onions from my exhaust...I'd like to believe that I'm just being crazy, but it really smells like onions or other food.

So it got me thinking. What would happen if. This can easily happen to any of us since we have undertail exhausts.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
You would have a lot of back pressure in the exhaust completely destroying the engine's ability to get rid of the exhaust gasses so once each cylinder has fired a couple of times there won't be any oxygen getting in and the bike wont run...

If its not that blocked then you will still have a bike that runs like crap, and extremely rich which is a relatively safe thing to do...

If you think there is something down there it would be in your best interest to remove it...

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
There would be assault and battery charges.

You'll have to get the slip on off at least. Is there exhaust coming out of the pipe? If, whatever it is, is small enough you may need to take the entire exhaust off to get it out.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses guys. it seems to be running normally - no extra back pressure or anything. Ran just fine. I rode it hard on the freeway and it felt the same - as strong as ever. I was just worried because I had never smelled that before. And really thought that someone could have been a D-bag and stuck some trash in there or something. I'll fire it up later today to see if it still smells.
You would have a lot of back pressure in the exhaust completely destroying the engine's ability to get rid of the exhaust gasses so once each cylinder has fired a couple of times there won't be any oxygen getting in and the bike wont run...

If its not that blocked then you will still have a bike that runs like crap, and extremely rich which is a relatively safe thing to do...

If you think there is something down there it would be in your best interest to remove it...
Thanks. I thought about using a vaccum to suck it out (if there's anything in there at all). I'd imagine if someone did drop something in there, it'll end up at the catalytic converter, right?
There would be assault and battery charges.

You'll have to get the slip on off at least. Is there exhaust coming out of the pipe? If, whatever it is, is small enough you may need to take the entire exhaust off to get it out.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I stuffed a potatoe in a friends pickup tailpipe one time to get him back for a prank he pulled on me. He had multiple vehicles so i didnt care if his pickup was out of commision for awhile. ......about 2 weeks l8ter i hear a story from a (second) friend that had helped him out that day work on his pickup. Well as the owner of pickup walked around the pickup to grab a wrench the second friend cranked the engine over and boom! pickup backfired and a flipping potatoe popped out and rolled on the ground at his feet. He was like "that MOTHER *(&^*&^"

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
You're exactly right. Nothing would make it past the catalytic converter. All you'd need to during is take your pipe off.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, cool. I guess I'll see if the smell goes away. I really doubt some d-bag would randomly choose to stuff something down there, but it's possible. Thanks for the help :shakehand

You're exactly right. Nothing would make it past the catalytic converter. All you'd need to during is take your pipe off.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
One time it sounded like someone had dropped nuts/bolts down my exhaust pipe, there was this costant rattling noise while running. I was ready to beat somebody's ass for f*cking with my bike.

Turns out that the bolt that goes though the pipe and holds it on was loose. I discovered this after dismantling the whole exhaust, muther-F*cker !!! Damn.

·
Registered
269 Posts
One time it sounded like someone had dropped nuts/bolts down my exhaust pipe, there was this costant rattling noise while running. I was ready to beat somebody's ass for f*cking with my bike.

Turns out that the bolt that goes though the pipe and holds it on was loose. I discovered this after dismantling the whole exhaust, muther-F*cker !!! Damn.
That would really suck if somebody did that....droped bolts down your exhaust pipe. Or change quarters, dimes and nickels.... that would be mean.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
If I caught someone stuffing something in my exhaust, I will be stuffing a .45 down their throat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts