Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do people use stunt handles on their bikes ? or flip the handlebar up --Is there any benefit/gains in doing this ?

Always see stunters do this on most stunt bikes

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well I live in a pretty big stunt area and it's exactly that: there are benefits to having handlebars for stunting. Better control (especially for the slow technical stuff)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
When the handle bars are higher up (usually risers are installed) you have better positioning and leverage to wheelie. Opposed to being hunched over with an aggressive low grip it's much more difficult to control. So handle bars will be raised and straightened for most stunt bikes, very similar and sometimes called "dirt bike handle bars"

·
Registered
966 Posts
You ever try standing on a dented tank and steering with your feet using clip ons?

·
Registered
188 Posts
It's for better control during low speed maneuvers and pulling up on for wheelies.

In fact, all the things a stunter does to their bike serves a purpose.

Dented tank = easier to stand or sit on during wheelies

Rear skid plate = let's rider knows that when this thing scrapes, they're at 12o'clock

Frame cage = keep the frame and engine from getting damaged from the constant dropping

Rear brake hand lever = apply rear brake when doing a wheelie

+17 rear sprocket = easier to pop wheelies, terrible for street riding though

blah blah blah..

I always have a good time hanging out with him when he's practicing stunts in a lot. His friends are an interesting bunch. Not everybody who rides a motorcycle is into track days and dragging body parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts