Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind did you choose here? I chose Daily Driver, because I no longer own a car (it messed up !). But What leads people to make the choices that they make? Maturity? Rider level? Skill set? Death Wish? Rebel? What do you guys think!?

Personally I would like an "All-Class" type of Report. A Bike for The commuting a Bike for the track, and A Bike to do stunts!
I find stunts to be fun to watch, But I think I would only do them in parking lots, not in the streets and highways endangering anyone else. Wheelies are/look fun. Stoppies too!
On the other hand, I do enjoy seeing someone BLISTERING down the track and your on the edge of your seat yelling " BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE! NO GAS GAS GAS PUNCH IT PUUUUUUUUNNNNNNCHHHHHH IT!!!!!!!" Or Like (I tihnk most may agree) as The Isle Of Man TT Videos have me doing: Im leaning into the turns with them, turning my head and leaning my body, because I am so enthralled by what is going on!
on the Other Other hand. I Love my daily driver, and mobbing around on my bike, going through traffic (filtering/lane splitting) and I enjoy just the plain thought of " I own a motorcycle, I am truly free!" I too also enjoy the thrill of twisties with friends. When Im by myself doing twisties Im more scared, and timid though.

Whats your guys thoughts on this?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't limit myself to just one bike. I have one for each.

/hatemenow
#Jealous

Straight up jealous! I wanna learn wheelies, but I dont want to buy a stunt cage for whne I ride twisties, not trying to eat it on the cage. Or have to take it off all the time!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't limit myself to just one bike. I have one for each.

/hatemenow
Must be nice...

I used to use mine for daily riding and occasional track day. Now its more of a weekend warrior kind of thing. Purchased a 250 a few weeks ago for getting too/from work.

Would love to be able to dedicate more time to the track, but unfortunately at this point in my life its not very feasible. One day...

Never really gotten into stunting, but I actually think that when done properly in a closed environment it can be a very rewarding experience. I have some friend that are heavy into stunting and their bike control has gotten unbelievable over the past few years.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Must be nice...

I used to use mine for daily riding and occasional track day. Now its more of a weekend warrior kind of thing. Purchased a 250 a few weeks ago for getting too/from work.

Would love to be able to dedicate more time to the track, but unfortunately at this point in my life its not very feasible. One day...

Never really gotten into stunting, but I actually think that when done properly in a closed environment it can be a very rewarding experience. I have some friend that are heavy into stunting and their bike control has gotten unbelievable over the past few years.
Thats what I think. The track teaches you corner control, throttle control. Stunting teaches you balance, brake and throttle control. Everything teaches you different things. Commuting teaches you how to avoid death!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I havent gone to a track day yet. I hear its rather Pricey! Im a try to befriend a track official first lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did a track day once on my ninja 250 and now i've got a 600rr stunt bike. Both things are fun as **** and probably equally as expensive. Probably equally as dangerous too haha. I guess its just personal preference

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
stunting not for me. i like to take it safe. riding in itself is already on my limit of risk taking. i commute. ive never tried the track and its not something see myself doing in the near future either.

commuting and riding with friends (not many friends riding anymore though)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
i define safety as not only safe for myself, but for my bike as well. even in a open parking lot with an expereinced buddy, id probably mess up and drop it.

ill look into it though, but like track days it is not something i want to do. it is not big in this country neither hence my reluctance

·
Registered
264 Posts
The reason I bought a bike so I can do all of these. I don't limit myself to one type of riding. If I have to run to the store I commute, if I see an empty lot on the way I stunt, if I have extra $ I track it. I just love to ride.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
23 Posts
Daily driver for me. I can't afford track days, plus I go to school in the North Georgia mountains. Police officers are pretty lax on the twisty mountain roads (lax as in, not there at all), so I tend to tear it up there anyway.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
ill look into it though, but like track days it is not something i want to do. it is not big in this country neither hence my reluctance
you could be the guy that starts the South Africa stunter association :cruising:

but i agree with CLX, i don't want to stunt because i don't want to break the bike. besides, i've crashed my old 400ex enough times trying to stunt. and that's with 2 wheels not one haha... sure i might have the front wheel pop for a sec or two during hard acceleration, but that's it for stunts and me.

as for track-day's i would be a track whore if i didn't have to travel for 6hrs one way to get to one. and i live in Maine, so year-round daily driver is outta the question.

which leaves mine as a weekend warrior / speed fix during non-snow months.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am not realy into the whole stunting thing yet, not experienced enough too. Track days are out of my budget and my bike is my commuter (until i finish my e30 build). which is why i have no money for track days. anything extra goes either to the wife or the car. fortunetly the area i live in has amazing back roads with lots of turns and straights(160 mph the other night on empty highway). plus I usually ride with someone way more experienced than me. one day i will buy a junk bike to practice stunts with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd love to do a track day, but life is so busy that I doubt that will happen soon. Mostly I plan on spicing up my commute and doing weekend fun rides.
When I was younger and less responsible, I'm sure I would have been a squid and a stunter, but now I want to have fun and not die!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts