Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have known this guy for about a year. WHen I met him he couldn't even use the sides of his tires. He has gotten real good he even drags knee. however he is doing it on the street. I have never seen this guy once talk about going to the track.

We pretty much had a falling out, I live in an area where there are some turns ramps, however it is dangerous. He has to cut across 4 lanes of traffic to get to his U-turn to begin his rounds again. Not to mention the lanes are just big enough for a car. The sides have Gaurdrails, and at the top is a nice 40 foot drop if you slide off. Not to mention getting run over by a car.

I have dragged a knee on the street before. But after I wrecked my bike doing it I have just kept it to the track. I just cant believe this guy. He is a Daddy to a newborn child, and he is constantly spending money $400 to put Michelin Power Race tires on his bike for the street!!!! He only makes about $21,000 a year if he is lucky.

Is the urge to ride just that much that you put your life at a greater risk riding like a jackass? Not to mention he cut his Yoshimura pipe in half so now his exhaust is SUPER LOUD. I just dont get it, we were once the best of friends and now we can barely stand to talk to one another. I mean, I just cant figure him out, why would you risk your life and bike to the streets iunstead of saving money for the track? I would take 3 track days a year to a whole year of riding the streets here in Florida. What say you?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, my house is only 2 miles from the area he likes to abuse. So therefore it effects me because the cops think I am in on it. This just sucks, what should I do?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
He will eventually get hurt or caught.....it is sad to say but it is true. Because he is not a friend anymore he really won't listen to you if you try to say something. You could find a mutual friend and express your concerns to them hoping the message reaches him.....that is all I got.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
If he is a "real" friend he should understand that you just don't wanna see him get hurt.
But sometimes you just have to sit back and let him "live & learn".
As far as what he makes a year and what he spends on tires and ,or anything else, I would stay out of that part...His financial status is really none of your business. I personally understand that you are just lookin out for a friend but I learned not to get involved in peoples finances.

Set up a track day a few months out(give him time to save up) and see if he's interested in going. He might go and get hooked on the track and stop acting like a irresponsible idiot on the street.

my 2 cents.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I should not get involved with others finances, it is jus that I am so good at dealing with money and saving it, that I always help people and they actually get ahead!!

I am just a concerned person, he is an okay guy, but in the past year has picked up bad habits, especially smoking Marijuana, I mean he is a Dad now, last thing he needs is to get caught with that stuff while bullshitting on the bike.

I just dont want his wife and new kid to suffer because he is being an idiot. Any other of his "friends" drag knee on the street as well, so they only think I am a *****.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sounds like a dumb ass, just hope he wakes up to himself before a bad accident wakes him up. but id have to say im guilty of knee dragging on a up ramp with a big enough drop to do some bad stuff to me, unlike most I don’t have the opportunity of track days so all us bikers are left with the streets.

I never ride drunk or on drugs (don’t touch) but like a cop said to me once when he pulled me over and cost me $150 "I know these bikes are tempting but slow down" and he is right, it's way to tempting, why would you buy a high performance CBR600RR for riding in the streets if you are going to ride like a grandma, buy a scooter if you want to ride slow and safe, buy a 600RR if you want to go fast and take corners.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Opps I mean power race, same thing, he is just digging himself a grave. His engine is even about to give, He lost 20 HP from stock!!!!! and is running rich and it had flat spots. He just says "oh well I can at least get 2 years out of it. It has almost 30K on it. ZX-10!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts