Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just sitting here browsing 600rr.net and this show came on the National Geographic channel called Sturgis: Hell on wheels.

Its mostly all about sturgis and the show they have there and all the bikes. But it shows this one part of this ignorant HD rider walking up to a new R6 and comparing it to what he rides.

Points he made that pissed me off

1. Almost impossible to insure.

2. Not comfortable at all and difficult to carry a passanger, holding yourself up by your wrists.

3. Only good for all out performance and speed.

4. Typically only used for the sucide missions in the cannyons

that last one really pissed me off. What an ignorant dink, Id like to take his loud harley pipe and shove it up his........

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
Warp_Speed said:
What an ignorant dink, Id like to take his loud harley pipe and shove it up his........
That's about all the damm pipes are worth on those pos. That, and making 140dbs at 25mph.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Also goes to show that he doesnt know how you're *supposed* to ride them.. "supporting yourself by your wrists".. more studies show that the upright riding style of a sport or sport touring bike is much better for your body than the leane-back feet-forward style of the HD's and other cruisers/choppers..

·
Registered
418 Posts
the pipes are right. . . i was in my car the other day with my system going, and we were cruising along at 20 through some traffic, and some biker rolled by with atleast 120db's coming from his pipes. i could hear it perfectly, and it hurt my ears.

·
Registered
856 Posts
chkaotic said:
Also goes to show that he doesnt know how you're *supposed* to ride them.. "supporting yourself by your wrists".. more studies show that the upright riding style of a sport or sport touring bike is much better for your body than the leane-back feet-forward style of the HD's and other cruisers/choppers..

I have had alot of people who have NEVER rode a sports bike and they say the 'wrist holding' excuse all the time.

Or, you don't go on many long trips with the way you hold yourself up like that... People amaze me.

If you have a link for those studies I would love to spam my co-workers that bitch about it all the time.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
i let my stomach muscles do the work of supporting me, it burns off the fat & i feel my waist become smaller after every ride.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well I can chime in from both sides. I own a HD. I like the seating better on the RR. My lower back hurts more when I get off of the HD. Just remember not all HD riders are a** holes. They do have squids to.

Brent

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
on a harley with your back straight up or even slightly leaning back, the bumps and jolts of the road are transferred directly into your spine. on a sportbike you are leaning forward so if anything your stomach and chest hit the tank...

·
Whore Police
16,493 Posts
I had a 2000 Softail Standard. I had a hard time walking after a 2 hour ride. If I drive my truck myback hurts within 2 hours. On my 600RR I can ride all day.. Sure the back side is a little sore.. but my back doesn't hurt at all.

That harley rider needs to take a sport bike out and give it a shot. Chances are he has never even thrown his leg over one.

And the pipes on HD= hearing loss. I know.. Mine will never be the same.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hah. Yea, I love those Harley people. I was eating a Pita yesterday at a Pita Pit, and a guy asked if my 600RR was mine, of course I said yes. Next he said, I prefer Harleys, I'd kill myself on one of those. So I responded "Oh, so you like over-priced machines that spend more time in the shop than you do on the road?" He had nothing to say to me after that, lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts