Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bitchslap: <--- that's one B-slap for me in advance.
I rode home tonight. Got off my bike. Stepped out of my garage to talk to my neighbor. Cleaned out the garage. Looked over to my bike to see the license plate light dimming and die out. Fugh... forgot the keys in the ignition. :bitchslap:
Question: The battery is fairly new (3 months). If I jump start the battery, will the battery die out again? Or do I have to get a new battery. What does a new battery cost?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Battery should be fine, just jump it. I have to do the same thing to mine tomorrow. I've found that if i dont ride it for about a week, the battery goes dead and i have to jump it to get it going.

Just try and bump start it or jump it and you should be fine

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Gotta go to rock store tomorrow morning! But don't have jumper cables. Supposed to meet at 8:00 in the morning. Wonder what time PepBoys opens...

·
Registered
566 Posts
Buy a battery tender like an Optimate. Hook your bike up after each ride. No dead battery problem. Ever.

My race bike sat for 6 months, never started, connected for the whole winter to an Optimate. Started first time in the spring.

They aren't expensive, in UK less than the cost of a replacement battery. Can't see why you stateside guys don't use them. Are they not well known over there?

Here, without an alarm, you can't get insurance, and the current drain means you need a tender if you don't ride every day.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
battery tenders rule they have in different sizes the small one for 29.95 works great well worth the money ;-)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Wal-Mart has a "Battery Tender" type charger for $14.99. I have it, and have never had a problem. Definitely worth it. Keeps the battery at optimum, and prolongs the life of the battery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts