Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes ,yes,yes, im a newbie.... can someone tell me how guys ride with their helmet on the side of the bike???? looks pretty neat.. i guess here in south florida when your strolling down south beach ou dont really need it on at 2 or 3 mph... is there something you buy like a clip or what??? just curious...???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
luv2ride said:
In your hidden tool kit there is a helmet holder, looks like a little metal wire with two "eyes" in each end.

ummmm hidden tool kit?? maybe i didnt stress the newB thing enough LOL.... not sure what ya mean can u elaborate more..... LOL thanks for trying to help though.... im guessing under the rear seat or cowl is where this metal wire with two "eyes" is located am i right??

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
u dont wanna do it dude, its gonna move around and bounce around and rub the hell outa your clearcoat. happened to me looked aweful.

i guess the hondas were'nt meant for pimping it onthe strip looking for chicks to ride, hell she doenst like passengers anyhow.

·
Registered
225 Posts
trboda6 said:
yes ,yes,yes, im a newbie.... can someone tell me how guys ride with their helmet on the side of the bike???? looks pretty neat.. i guess here in south florida when your strolling down south beach ou dont really need it on at 2 or 3 mph... is there something you buy like a clip or what??? just curious...???

I hope your not implying that your riding without a helmet. I live near the beach too and I cruise down thier a lot so I know where your comming from. But riding without your helmet is never a good idea. Accidents can and do happen at slow speeds. Your helmet is supposed to protect your head not the side of your bike. Just my .02

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
snikwad said:
u dont wanna do it dude, its gonna move around and bounce around and rub the hell outa your clearcoat. happened to me looked aweful.

i guess the hondas were'nt meant for pimping it onthe strip looking for chicks to ride, hell she doenst like passengers anyhow.
LOL..... howd you know i was trying to pick up chicks to ride hehe.... that's exacly my point.... this weekend the beach is going to be paked.... i cant be wearing a helmet hiding from ladies..... lol

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
not doggin you or puttin you down bro but.....
strappin the helmet to the side and riding around with
it like that is fricken gay mang. one of the gayest things
i see IMO.:supergay:

wear your damn lid mang! strap it there when youre parked.
not when youre riding.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ken06RR said:
I hope your not implying that your riding without a helmet. I live near the beach too and I cruise down thier a lot so I know where your comming from. But riding without your helmet is never a good idea. Accidents can and do happen at slow speeds. Your helmet is supposed to protect your head not the side of your bike. Just my .02

nah i know all the consequenses and reprocusions of not riding with gear.... i was jus wondering how guys did that.... im not fond of guys on bikes with juss glasses.... i do agree its stupid...

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
trboda6 said:
LOL..... howd you know i was trying to pick up chicks to ride hehe.... that's exacly my point.... this weekend the beach is going to be paked.... i cant be wearing a helmet hiding from ladies..... lol
cause i been there done that, got the T shirt, and now its a wash cloth for my truck.

ull be just liek every other mofo dude.
here's what u do, put on that seat cowl and hit the strip, go hang out with the AMCO ANGELS, or sorry its the BP ANGELS in this case, and if u can pimp it give the chick a reign check, and then if u work it right, hit it twice. give her a number, i used ot ride up and down 264 looking for chicks to pull up beside and give em my number using hand signals, that show real pimps do it. pimpin.

·
Registered
780 Posts
trboda6 said:
ummmm hidden tool kit?? maybe i didnt stress the newB thing enough LOL.... not sure what ya mean can u elaborate more..... LOL thanks for trying to help though.... im guessing under the rear seat or cowl is where this metal wire with two "eyes" is located am i right??
Don't wanna condone riding without a lid on your head... but your hidden tool kit in on the right side of you bike under the fairing. Get a quarter to open the big screw and pry the fairing back a little... you'll see the V shaped box with a lid... that's your toolbox and your lid strap should be in there.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
why would anyone ride without a helmet? i've seen slow speed random ass how did that happen crashes with even just a beanie helmet that put a neighbor into a damn coma. i even put on a helmet when i move my bike just ONE block. wear the f'ing helmet dude.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SLAPS808 said:
not doggin you or puttin you down bro but.....
strappin the helmet to the side and riding around with
it like that is fricken gay mang. one of the gayest things
i see IMO.:supergay:

wear your damn lid mang! strap it there when youre parked.
not when youre riding.
thanks for putting me down with whats cool or not.... i hate to be a bike RICER......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SLAPS808 said:
take it how you want mang....to each their own!!

umm i wansnt trying to be sarcastic.... i meant it... im not sure what's viewd ass cool or gay among the biker world... if you where into cars... like jdm hondas domestics turbo's ect i would tell you whats corny or gays cause i know about that... but when it comes to bikes like the tittle says im a neB so i havent really been able to determine the cool and the gaythings not to do.... so sorry if i sounded sarcastic but it was an honest comment.... thanks again for all the replies.... i think we should close this thread b4 it getss way off subject like it already has since my question was answerd....

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
trboda6 said:
umm i wansnt trying to be sarcastic.... i meant it... im not sure what's viewd ass cool or gay among the biker world... if you where into cars... like jdm hondas domestics turbo's ect i would tell you whats corny or gays cause i know about that... but when it comes to bikes like the tittle says im a neB so i havent really been able to determine the cool and the gaythings not to do.... so sorry if i sounded sarcastic but it was an honest comment.... thanks again for all the replies.... i think we should close this thread b4 it getss way off subject like it already has since my question was answerd....
its all good mang. i am not an as$hole jus so you know.

yes most will tell you that its not cool. it looks ridiculous and are referred to as "squidly".

and welcome to the site mang....its a good quality site with good peeps and lots of info.
indulge yourself and soak in all the knowledge.

werd

1 - 20 of 25 Posts