Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I searched my service manual, google, and forums and cannot find a clear answer. I simply want to know what octane Honda recommends putting in a 2003 600RR. I am not looking for opinions or advice. I have been reading about RON and PON and that under the seat it says 91 but it is not the same 91 as at the pump. Some people say 86+ and some say 92+. I am just looking for a clear factual answer. I am not looking for "Oh, I put the lowest octane available and have never had any problems" or "I put the highest octane in, why risk it". I am merely looking for what Honda recommends. When I go to the gas station (in the US) what number should I be putting in according to Honda? Sorry for the dumb question.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
The owners manual of my 06 says 86 octane or higher. It should be the same for your 03. 07 and newer need 91 octane because their engines are tuned differently

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hello all,
I searched my service manual, google, and forums and cannot find a clear answer. I simply want to know what octane Honda recommends putting in a 2003 600RR. I am not looking for opinions or advice. I have been reading about RON and PON and that under the seat it says 91 but it is not the same 91 as at the pump. Some people say 86+ and some say 92+. I am just looking for a clear factual answer. I am not looking for "Oh, I put the lowest octane available and have never had any problems" or "I put the highest octane in, why risk it". I am merely looking for what Honda recommends. When I go to the gas station (in the US) what number should I be putting in according to Honda? Sorry for the dumb question.
Thanks in advance!
If you Google free the year make and model owners manual you should be able to find one for free as well as the service manual. This way you have it for yourself and you can't beat free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts