Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i know this is dumb but i took off my left rearset as it was knocked ovr in the wind the other night. I was able to get the peg off and when i was trying to put it on my left rearset i jsut got i cant figure out how the pin that keeps the peg taut back on oir where to put it on the reset so it lets me put the peg on. any help will be appreciated and i know im going to get sh!t for this so sh!t away jsut help lol and i did use the search too

·
BOTM Winner 03/13
3,143 Posts
So, is this correct?

Your bike blew over in the wind. You decided to replace the stockers with new aftermarket rearsets?

If so, pictures would help.

The stock foot pegs are all held on by only two bolts. I can't see that you'd be having trouble with this.

...or by left peg do you mean left as in foot peg and brake pedal? (rhs as you sit on the bike). Are you having problems with the springs on this part?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I think he's talking about the spring holding the Peg down. Right? Please proof read what you wrote though. Too many grammar errors.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
thats what im understanding too. either that or the clip that holds in the pin for the peg. definately a pic or better explination would help a lot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry about the grammar, new keyboard is weird. and no not talking about the brake pedal. but i was talking about the spring that holds down the peg. i am having trouble getting it back on to hold the peg. and i just bought a oem mainstep or the holder and was trying to switch over the peg and the bracket thing behind it. and was having trouble with the spring. i dont have pictures but can get spme later tonight if they are needed.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Is this what you're talking about?

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
it takes a little bit of effort to get the spring set right then just shove the post through. That pic will help a lot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
but my problem is getting the spring to catch in order to have the peg actually be held by it istead of having the bolt going threw and the spring just laying in it

·
Registered
353 Posts
If you assemble it just like the picture then you will put a little pressure on the spring to hold it in place while you insert the pin. This is all that is holding it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts