Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm started a thread like this on another forum a few years back and it was pretty funny...I'm sure it's been done here as well but haven't seen anything in a while so I figured I would start something up. We're always flaming people for being squids or doing dumb stuff but I'm sure we've all done stuff that we're not exactly proud of. What's the stupidest thing you've done on two wheels?

I have 2...
1- I was riding up to Syracuse with a buddy and we were on route 80 in PA. Road was clear so I got into full race tuck and tried to see how fast I could go on my 1000rr. Got up to an indicated 173...not sure how fast I was really going but it was definately too fast and incredibly stupid. I was young, thought I was invincible...you know how that goes.

2- I had just gotten my first street bike (F4i). maybe had it for 3 weeks...
I had gone to a friends house and was leaving. Put on my gear and got on the bike and fired her up. A car full of kids pulled up and asked me to wheelie. Not knowing how to wheelie I decided to do a burnout instead. Lit up the back tire for a while, let go of the front brake, the bike shot forward about 2-3ft and then BAM! the bike stopped short and I fell to my side along with the bike. I had left my kryptonite lock on the rotor. I closed my visor to hide my shame behind the tinted shield, took the lock off and rode off like a bat out of hell. It wasnt until the next intersection that I realized I had warped my front rotor so bad that I had no front brakes and almost t-boned a chevy cavalier. Now I always put the disc lock right behind the caliper so I can't move forward too much without noticing it...

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
LOL at #2.

I have a tendency to follow my buddies close when riding. No right on their tail but close enough.

On a chilly day we all set off for a ride, with two of our friends following in a car behind. My buddy leading the pack fakes like he is going through the light and instead stops short at the orange light (last minute making sure everyone gets through). I had committed to going through the orange. Grabbed a fistfull of brake and dumped her inches from his wheel. We were going no more than 10mph, but my tires were cold.

This is all in front of the guy on the corner watering he lawn, and my friends behind us. I was lucky to have had frame sliders. The sliders did nothing for my pride. Picked her back up and rode off. I wanted to yell at the guy watering his lawn, "what are you looking at!?!" haha. now I keep a safe distance from my indecisive friends.

Moral of the story is, keep your distance when group riding. Oh and make sure you arnt that assclown that passes people in their own lane. I hate that guy.

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
Dumbest thing I think I've done is being impatient in rush hour. I rode on the sidewalk for about 200 feet to get ahead of traffic and almost nailed a pedestrian with those retarded dredlocks (sp?).

I also tried to see how fast I could get from Portage and Cavalier to Main and Peguis (for whoever lives in my city) going through the city and I made it at just under 8 minutes. It takes me about 20 minutes to do that in my Roadster when I'm speeding. Damn, I love lane-splitting.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
hmm.. we all have done stupid sh!t on these things, my worst was a crash on an s-type exit ramp at 130mph and nearly lost my leg 90% chance actually, so i learned the hard way, since then i've ridden maybe 6 times on the street & well a crap load on the track.
we all learn one way or another, i was fortunate enough to not injure anyone else buy myself and a mint mint 636 ;(

·
Registered
414 Posts
gunned it out of a gas station in front of a hidden plethora of cops to catch up with the group...

we were all surrounded and I became aware that my license is suspended (shrug) got pulled over 2 weeks before and it was fine.
they took me to jail (even tho the other cops said "you know you can just write her a ticket, you don't have to arrest her"), towed my bike (even tho my friends said they would take it home), wouldn't let me take my helmet/ gave it to the wrecker
The jack a$$ didn't turn my paperwork in for almost 4 hrs so I couldn't be booked/ bonded out. 7 hrs total
AND he wrote the wrong wrecker service on the ticket so I couldn't find my bike

so that's what I did yesterday/ stupid

·
Registered
121 Posts
The most stupid thing? Well i was not on the bike... Just bought a bike and rode it to my work.. People came out to check it out, like an idiot I started the bike and let go of the clutch... It was in gear... Crash boom bang... I parked directly in front of a bar with a bunch of people on the patio, so everyone could see my sweet new moto...:banghead: It took me a minute just standing there feeling like a tard before picking it up and shamefully riding off...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
6 am filling p on the way to work. A little gas spilled out of the nozzle while inserting it in the tank. After filling I kicked the side stand down thought I got it, but apparently never. I got one leg up in the air as the bike flicked the stand back up and decided to lay down. Had hold of the until I lost balance and fell on my ass next to the bike.

The guy filling his car on the next pump over didn't even blink, laugh, or anything. I bet he had a great story at work that day, but I never.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
endoed into the back of a car b/c i was following too close and he abruptly stopped before making a left turn

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Got piss drunk and rode my R1 home.
Oucchhh.. that may be the worst one yet.

I've done wheelies like 3 or 4 times past exit ramps where there happens to be a cop sitting. Doh! I've learned my lesson. No more wheelies on main roads/highways.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think mine might take the cake. About 6 years ago I was on the interstate, and came upon a convoy of 18 wheelers carrying bridge pylons. It's basically the giant concrete beam with tire and wheels attached. We were on a 3 lane interstate, they were in the middle, and I was in the right hand lane.

I got the bright idea to go from lane 3 under the trailer, and into lane 1. So I pulled along side of one, tucked down and tried to rip under his trailer. He must have been watching me in his mirror, cause when I went for it he also went to lane 1. So here I am stuck under the trailer in lane 1. It was all happening very fast, and I was scared shatless at this point. So I went for the shoulder to get out from under him and pass. The SOB moved over to the shoulder with me. So I rip back out to lane to 2, open it up and never look back. I was so scared at this point.

To this day, I'm not sure if the truck driver was trying to run me over, or just trying to get away from me. From start to finish, the whole ordeal probably lasted about 5-10 seconds, but it seemed like forever.

That's teh stupidest thing i've ever done on a bike, and probably in my entire life.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
1. i was on a 2 lane road (^v one going each way) and i came out of school and there was a really dark sky and about to pour down and i was in tshirt and shorts(i know,dumb as well) so i decided i should get home asap, i jump on the road and it was at rush hour of course and there was a crap load of traffic. there was a line of about 8 cars and i decided to try and pass them (im on a 02 SV650) i gun it and get passed about 4 of them then i realized im not going to make it im right on the line and at this time i thought i was going to die lol. but right at the last second the car im next to moves over just enough so i can squeeze between him and the oncoming car. needless to say it scared the hell out of me and i still got rained on :sad::drunk:

2. i had to meet my GF at sunset to get pictures taken and i got out of work lat e so i busted my a** to get there and i was just leaving the outside of town and it turned from 25 to 40 and i was going around 35 in the 25 and i usually speed up when i see the sign so i sped up. and just my luck, a cop is sitting in a yard at where it changes. so he pulls me over and got me doing 60 in a 25 but being i have a clean record (and a good lookin bike:banger:) he only wrote me 5 over but i took it to court to see if i could take a class so i dont get points and the cop didnt show up and i got out of it:toothy4:
( i know im lucky and dont want to take my chances again)

there... thats my two dumb stories

·
Registered
124 Posts
lharrell79

I would have had to find a rest stop to change my undies...
That takes the cake
I'm not sure how I didn't crap myself. After I got out from under the trailer, I started having all these thoughts of, "I could have died" "What if they radio the cops" "What if somebody follows me". I think I must have did about 100mph all the way home. Truly the dumbest thing i've ever done. I'm sure the truckers weren't too happy either.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts