Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started school about an hour and a half away from home so I stay down there during the week and come home on the weekends to spend time with the wife and kids.

Went down last Sunday and uneventful ride. Bike ran well with no problems. Takes me right at a full tank per trip one way. So I fill up at the base there and head home last night. About 30 mins into the ride i start getting alot of hesitation. Felt like fuel starvation or a bad ground. I am really hoping i just got a bad tank of gas.

I limped her home and filled up at my normal station and goosed it a few times coming the last mile or so home and it didn't seem to do it anymore. I have to head back down tomorrow so if anyone can point me in any directions to check out I will be changing oil and maybe adjusting my chain today. Is there a fuel filter I should be replacing as well just to be safe?

I should add its an 04 with a power commander and aftermarket exhaust. I got the bike used in Oct with 14k miles.

Thanks in advance everyone!
Phil

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
I wouldn't sweat it if it only misfired a few times. Most likely some crappy gas made it's way through.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it was for about 45mins to an hour of my ride. I got a bottle of fuel injector cleaner from the local shop Startron Enzyme fuel treatment? http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/Parts/Chemicals/Additives/brand/STAR-BRITE/Star-Tron-Enzyme-Fuel-Additive/p/44060_465242?utm_source=GoogleProductFeed&utm_medium=GoogleProductFeed&utm_campaign=GPF-June2013&gclid=CO7_9IT49rsCFTDhQgodX0QA-A Gonna throw this in a tank and hope it cleans some stuff out. Doing an oil change because I don't know when the last owner did one. Also thinking about a coolant flush and replace with engine ice. I bought an aftermarket fuel filter but not sure where it should go. The only line I see from the tank to fuel rail looks like a high pressure one and not sure I should be cutting that to throw an inline filter in there or not. Gotta jump in the FSM to find out where the factory one is. Unfortunately filled the gas tank up last night. Other thing is I left it with almost an empty tank all week, and we have pretty dramatic temp swings here in So Cal. Any chances enough condensation built up in there in 4 days to cause this much of a problem?

Thanks for the inputs

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The filter is on the pump. You have to take it out of the tank to replace the filter

GARRRRRRRR looks like that is happening next time. It has a full gas tank right now!:banghead:

Good thing...Found out it has a K&N Air Filter on it. Though I am now worried as it also has an aftermarket FMF Exhaust. It has a power commander V on it but I don't know if he ever had it tuned.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seems to have worked itself out. Went for a test ride this morning before my long ride back to SD this afternoon. She did good. No hesitation at all, good smooth powerband! Now to find a map for an FMF exhaust for the PCV

1 - 8 of 8 Posts