Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine has a chatterbox. And what stunned me was how ugly it was. It looked like he had a 1990's cell phone attached to his helmet. And another thing that stunned me was that it is a box. not very aerodynamic if you ask me. My question: Are there communication products out there similar to chatterbox that look a little better? or does anyone here know of covers that could be put over the unit to give it a little cleaner look?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I think the reason it's neither clean looking, or aerodynamic is because it's designed for cruising around in a group. If you're riding aggressively enough to care about aerodynamics you shouldn't be talking to other people anyways.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I don't really know of any other communication tools than chatterbox. I've never used one myself, but I wore a helmet which had one before. It's quite useful as far as communication, listening to a music player, answering a cell phone..

·
Registered
254 Posts
well, if you have bluetooth, there is the Scala Rider, from Scala. Search on google.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Function over Form, or Form over Function.

The chatterbox is an excellent product...

If you think a small box on the side of you helmet is really slowing you down that much, maybe you should look into removing the tumor that is growing out of your neck.

The reason why there are no "cute" options is because the chatterbox is the best product in this category.

Peace

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
slvrblckrr said:
If you're riding aggressively enough to care about aerodynamics you shouldn't be talking to other people anyways.
Example of high speed communications.....
"AHHHHhhhhhh.......GRAVEL IN THE TURN !!!!" <crash.....grind.....slide.....noises in background>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts